Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 02:24 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,822,690 times

Advertisements

Any urban area in NC, not just Raleigh and Charlotte, will be fine for any race, but there are so many other factors, like where you would be working, or what field you'd be looking for work; ages of your kids as far as schools, if you want to be near the beach, mountains, etc...lots of details you haven't mentioned that make more difference than "black".

Durham is a city with a rich African-American heritage, including a bank and an insurance company originally founded by AAs many decades ago.

What specifics about there about NC that make you want to move here to start with? That's a good starting place. What areas have you seen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2016, 01:41 PM

2,679 posts, read 2,901,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teach07 View Post
I think you are right. I am relocating next month to Raleigh. Charlotte has a bit more 'city' feel and I hear it is very good for blacks. I was just reading Black Enterprise (blackenterprise.com) online and they have a top cities list for Best Places for African Americans. I am 30, a teacher and mother of a 6 year old and I am tired of Indianapolis. I began researching Raleigh about 9 mos ago and I chose it because it seems more family friendly than Charlotte, but I am close enough to Charlotte to party and come home.
Early welcome to Raleigh!

You'll be able to party in Raleigh, too. Just maybe not as consistently and there won't be as many glammed out, pop culture-esque, celeb parties as you'd find in the core of Charlotte. You also have to pay to play with access to those parties, but it gives you access to a bit of that lifestyle.

Why the move from Indy?

Old 10-19-2016, 06:25 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamesake View Post
Early welcome to Raleigh!

You'll be able to party in Raleigh, too. Just maybe not as consistently and there won't be as many glammed out, pop culture-esque, celeb parties as you'd find in the core of Charlotte. You also have to pay to play with access to those parties, but it gives you access to a bit of that lifestyle.

Why the move from Indy?

Better make that "late welcome" to Raleigh. The post you quoted was from 2007.

I would agree with the overall sentiment that both the Triangle and Charlotte (as well as several other metro areas in NC) are plenty diverse enough to be "good" for black folks looking to relocate.

Old 10-24-2016, 09:51 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,901,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Better make that "late welcome" to Raleigh. The post you quoted was from 2007.

I would agree with the overall sentiment that both the Triangle and Charlotte (as well as several other metro areas in NC) are plenty diverse enough to be "good" for black folks looking to relocate.

Old 04-30-2018, 01:11 AM

1 posts, read 786 times
Hello I’m 48yrs AA female. Im looking to relocate to North Carolina with my son he’s going to the 11th grade. I’m not sure what area would be best for us. I have a background of working with ad-risk youth and the disable and I also have a Class B CDL. Where could I possibly get employment with my background?

Old 05-01-2018, 09:59 AM

193 posts, read 158,675 times
charlotte is a good option if you want a slower , warmer place but with a phy degree im not sure how your job hunt would go ,hence that major not being so demanding here, demanding majors here id say was STEM fields or Finance/Business majors or medical fields

Old 05-01-2018, 03:51 PM

7 posts, read 9,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulstriker View Post
charlotte is a good option if you want a slower , warmer place but with a phy degree im not sure how your job hunt would go ,hence that major not being so demanding here, demanding majors here id say was STEM fields or Finance/Business majors or medical fields
The original post was from 2007. However I sure would like to know how things worked out for the young woman...if she were able to find her ideal man and her dream job?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina