U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 10:05 AM

6 posts, read 32,431 times
Just to let you know a good realtor is Ann Whitley, she did right for us! She knows the good spot from bad! You also have to know Kinston can only get better! Great investment place!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2007, 11:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,052 times
Thumbs down I Totally Disagree!

Now, I was born, and raised in Kinston, and it is one of the most horrible places to live (unless you are retired, or have nothing to loose). No business can servive in this town, and before moving (to atlease make some money) be an RN , or a uneducated. I would not buy a house here, because YES it is too expensive for what you get, and what's around, and two, there are only a few neighborhoods left that look decent. That's my responce about the dead town, and for all of those that's lying "TRYING" to make that city sound like it's sooo peaceful, and nice, and quiet, then why does that "Ghost Town" have an 11pm curfew?
Responces are welcome...

Old 09-01-2007, 08:16 PM

4 posts, read 8,729 times
I was born and raised in Kinston and while I will not "dog" the city because irregardless of it's amenities you should always be proud of where you came from but I did move to Greenville simply because I personally didn't feel the city could give me what I wanted in a homestead. Kinston unfortunately isn't very developed things could change but if you want a nice size city with a small town feel then Kinston might be good for you. Good luck

Old 02-12-2008, 06:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,009 times
Kinston's a sleeper. Great old houses, cheap; an hour's drive to the beach; lots of authentic character (which Greenville lacks entirely). There's a sense the town has stagnated. Huge potential if the US economy takes an upswing. I've lived in some great places (Key West, Cape Town) - and see much to like about Kinston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina