U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 07:45 AM

1 posts, read 6,269 times
Default Moving to Ft. Bragg Best places to live

Hi, We are moving this summer to Ft. Bragg. We are wanting to live off post and have been looking in Fayetteville, Southern Pines and Pinehurst areas. We have 2 boys (6yrs and 2 yrs old) and we are looking for family friendly, safe neighborhoods.
Any information is much appreciated! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 11:14 AM

1,480 posts, read 2,948,885 times
That is a pretty big area to choose from. There are plenty of nice places to live in Cumberland, Hoke, and Harnett county. I am most familiar with those areas. I don't work in Southern Pines or Pinehurst so I can't help you there.

You can search though some of my old posts to see some positive things about side of Fort Bragg. I've got a 2 year old son and a 6 year old daughter and we chose to live in the Grays Creek area in a nice neighborhood called Braxton Farms.

It would also depend on if you are buying or renting and what price range you are in. Researching the schools at http://www.ncreportcards.org/src/ would help narrow things down.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:58 AM

829 posts, read 2,038,243 times
Don't discount upper & western Sampson county as an option too!

Old 04-27-2010, 05:06 AM

991 posts, read 2,535,262 times
The best advice I ever got was to wait until we got here and drive around for ourselves. You can go down a road and be in a good part of town. Go down the road a couple of miles and be in a bad.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:17 PM

1,480 posts, read 2,948,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
The best advice I ever got was to wait until we got here and drive around for ourselves. You can go down a road and be in a good part of town. Go down the road a couple of miles and be in a bad.
Good point. Best idea is to take a weekend trip down here before you move and the time crunch to find a place starts.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:02 PM

829 posts, read 2,038,243 times
Eastover, just east of Fayetteville would be an excellent option. It's close enough to town, it's convenient, yet not IN Fayetteville. It's about 30 minutes to Ft. Bragg. Has a FANTASTIC recreation center with plenty of athletics and other activities for the boys, a GREAT elementary school, in a great school district. It's growing...there is now a pediatrician, drug store is on the way, they have a dentist, a bank, a grocery store, barber shop, beauty salon, etc., etc. Don't discount it and check it out!!

Old 04-30-2010, 01:55 PM

635 posts, read 1,827,127 times
You might also consider Sanford, nice small-town "feel" with mid-sized town features. Do a search on "Sanford" for more info, as I've posted a number of links, etc.

We have a lot of folks from Ft. Bragg that live in Sanford.

Good luck!
Al

Old 05-02-2010, 11:44 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,673,255 times
Hope Mills, Rockfish, towards Raeford on Raeford Rd.

Old 05-09-2010, 06:06 PM

50 posts, read 131,126 times
We love the nothern edge of Cumberland County/Fayetteville off of Ramsey Street. There are great elementary schools - Long Hill, Raleigh Road & Howard Hall, not a lot of traffic, close to post, but quiet and safe. Check out these neighborhoods - Pine Valley, Hunters Ridge, Ellerslie, Longleaf, etc - when you come to visit.

Old 05-09-2010, 06:09 PM

11 posts, read 21,433 times
Everywhere here sucks lol but if you want to be close to the base cliffdale rd
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina