I am new here and am so glad I found this forum. I am a teacher and my family and I live in PA, just outside of Philly, where we have lived all of our life. The state of teaching here is very dismal, job cuts, freezes, etc.. Not to mention things are just getting faster and faster everyday!So we decided to check into other possibilities. After doing hours of research on hiring states I was able to set up an interview in Hoke COunty. I have been offered a position for next year. We will be living in Raeford and we have two children 3 and 8. I am very interested in learning about the area. If you know the answers to any of my wildly running thoughts, please feel free to comment. I strongly believe that I can make a difference and would love to have the opportunity ...so here goes...
1. I will be on the east side of Raeford, towards Fayetteville, I would like to have a fairly short commute, and suggestions on housing?
2. Any daycare recommendations? What is the average cost?
3. IS there a Walmart??? - gotta have a WallyWorld!
4. What are the opportunities for a well diversed man, police, fire and EMT certifications as well as CDL license, certified contractor and landscape foreman...yes he is a jack of all trades, and proudly a master off all...
5. What are the more desireable Hoke county schools?
6. What can you tell me about the early college high school?
7. What are the electric costs of an average sized home?
I have plenty others and would love to bounce ideas back and forth...thank you for your input and time!