Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2010, 01:33 PM

9 posts, read 28,679 times

Advertisements

Moving from panama city Florida to nc in sept 2011. Don't know anything about which city to move but after 40 years in "redneck riviera" it's time for a change. I am needing feedback good bad and indifferent. I am an lpn of seven years. I am widowed. Children are grown. I have no car. My finances are hand to mouth so that's why I am planning now. I am not looking to buy a home. A one bedroom possibly two br to rent would be wonderful. Public transportation is my friend and a necessity so Any info on that would be great. Where can I get a job as an lpn. I am iv certified and have experience so any referrals to where I can apply would be helpful. I am not looking for a hand out but a hand up so if anyone can tell me which way to go in these areas I would really appreciate. Thanx!!!!!
Driving is not an option
lpn experienced with nursing homes. Home health. Private duty. Hospitals. Detention centers
I am a renter. We r in a recession. I am among the working poor. I do not have a nest egg or a sugar daddy.
I. N. D. E. P. E. N. D. E. N. T.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 06:54 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,896,349 times
Based on the needs of low cost of living with public transportation, and jobs in the health care field, I'd say Goldsboro or Greenville.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:34 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasea69 View Post
Moving from panama city Florida to nc in sept 2011. Don't know anything about which city to move but after 40 years in "redneck riviera" it's time for a change. I am needing feedback good bad and indifferent. I am an lpn of seven years. I am widowed. Children are grown. I have no car. My finances are hand to mouth so that's why I am planning now. I am not looking to buy a home. A one bedroom possibly two br to rent would be wonderful. Public transportation is my friend and a necessity so Any info on that would be great. Where can I get a job as an lpn. I am iv certified and have experience so any referrals to where I can apply would be helpful. I am not looking for a hand out but a hand up so if anyone can tell me which way to go in these areas I would really appreciate. Thanx!!!!!
Driving is not an option
lpn experienced with nursing homes. Home health. Private duty. Hospitals. Detention centers
I am a renter. We r in a recession. I am among the working poor. I do not have a nest egg or a sugar daddy.
I. N. D. E. P. E. N. D. E. N. T.
Based on your transportation needs, Charlotte is your best bet.

But Charlotte can be expensive, so you need to spend some time getting to know where to look. For starters, try the Paces Commons Apartments in Matthews (a bedroom community of Charlotte's - very nice, very desirable). The apartment complex is very affordable and is right across the street from Matthews Presbyterian - a satellite hospital of the large Presbyterian Hospital in uptown Charlotte. If you couldn't get on there, perhaps you could get on at the main location. The bus line runs right by the complex so you could work uptown. Also, if you are able to walk at least a mile you would have easy access to a nice grocery store, Target, Home Depot, Dairy Queen etc. There are two drug stores even closer to the apartments.

Hope this helps!

Old 05-31-2010, 10:17 PM

656 posts, read 1,139,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Based on your transportation needs, Charlotte is your best bet.

But Charlotte can be expensive, so you need to spend some time getting to know where to look. For starters, try the Paces Commons Apartments in Matthews (a bedroom community of Charlotte's - very nice, very desirable). The apartment complex is very affordable and is right across the street from Matthews Presbyterian - a satellite hospital of the large Presbyterian Hospital in uptown Charlotte. If you couldn't get on there, perhaps you could get on at the main location. The bus line runs right by the complex so you could work uptown. Also, if you are able to walk at least a mile you would have easy access to a nice grocery store, Target, Home Depot, Dairy Queen etc. There are two drug stores even closer to the apartments.

Hope this helps!
Agreed, Charlotte is the best bet. Some Hospitals are hiring less and less LPN's these days, but many do up in Charlotte and you have a wide choice of inhome services up there also.
You have bus lines and the light rails system running straight through the city.
Afordable apartments and housing are here and there.
There are some afordable ones in the south end also, my daughter just relocated there and has a nice 2 bedroom for $500.00 a month, right off of South Blvd. ,very nice clean safe area located near everything!

Old 06-01-2010, 09:49 AM

thank you so much for the info.....one of the best positive feedbacks received thus far

Old 06-01-2010, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasea69 View Post
thank you so much for the info.....one of the best positive feedbacks received thus far
thank you.......quite helpful.....now i have something to work with
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina