Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2010, 01:04 AM

45 posts, read 95,905 times

Advertisements

Okay so...I have been trying to find jobs for a Cosmetic Chemist in NC and nothing is coming up...When I graduate from college this is what I will be doing...I am able to find a salary bracket in NC for my career field but NOT ONE JOB!!! What is up with that???! I only see job opportunities for this field in California...and OH MY WORD!!!! The cost of living is absolutely UNBEARABLE...I cannot imagine paying what they pay for rent there!!! Any ideas? Am I looking in the wrong places...or there just aren't any opportunities there for me??? I hope it is somewhere...I really believe NC is the place for me and my family!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2010, 10:35 AM

6,825 posts, read 9,059,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OoomphAhhs View Post
Okay so...I have been trying to find jobs for a Cosmetic Chemist in NC and nothing is coming up...When I graduate from college this is what I will be doing...I am able to find a salary bracket in NC for my career field but NOT ONE JOB!!! What is up with that???! I only see job opportunities for this field in California...and OH MY WORD!!!! The cost of living is absolutely UNBEARABLE...I cannot imagine paying what they pay for rent there!!! Any ideas? Am I looking in the wrong places...or there just aren't any opportunities there for me??? I hope it is somewhere...I really believe NC is the place for me and my family!
Are there related jobs or different keywords for the same job? What is a Cosmetic Chemist? What about contacting your college's career center for help in finding positions? What search engines are you using? Unfortunately if there are no jobs in the area, you may just have to look in another region for work.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:40 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,286,677 times
I would look into Revlon which is located in Oxford, NC or Burt's Bees which is in Durham.

Good Luck!

Old 06-05-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Are there related jobs or different keywords for the same job? What is a Cosmetic Chemist? What about contacting your college's career center for help in finding positions? What search engines are you using? Unfortunately if there are no jobs in the area, you may just have to look in another region for work.
A cosmetic chemist is a chemist who makes cosmetics..you can create your own products,work on recreating an already established product etc...I have used bing...google...simply hired...indeed and I am not really finding anything...But I am still looking...I have not spoken to my college yet...I have 3 yrs before graduation...I am just really trying to get a feel for things...what places are good to relocate to and which one's aren't! Thanks anyway!

Old 06-05-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I would look into Revlon which is located in Oxford, NC or Burt's Bees which is in Durham.

Good Luck!
Thank you Raleigh Guy! That is very helpful!

Old 06-05-2010, 04:42 PM

118 posts, read 279,279 times
Aw, sorry to hear this, OP. Times are tough all over, and NC is no exception...... I hope you find work in your line, soon.

Old 06-05-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandgold978 View Post
Aw, sorry to hear this, OP. Times are tough all over, and NC is no exception...... I hope you find work in your line, soon.
Oh Thanks...I know...times are extremely tough!!! But my issue is...It seems as though...there aren't any cosmetic chemist AT ALL in NC....I think that is so strange!

Old 06-05-2010, 07:07 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,827,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OoomphAhhs View Post
It's pretty evident to me--NC is not the place for cosmetic chemists. If you want to work in that field, you need to live in Calif or somewhere else that the jobs are.

Why is this difficult to understand? If someone wants to be a Broadway actress, they can't live in NC--they go to Broadway. so apparently if someone wants to be a cosmetic chemist, they go to Calif.

You almost sounds as if you believe that North Carolina "owes" you a job just because you've decided you want to live here? Sorry, welcome to the real world...people go where the jobs are (or they change fields). You're not the first person who couldn't find a job they wanted in precisely the place they wanted. Many lifelong NC residents, including some on this very forum, have had to move to other places to find work. One is not "entitled" to have the exact job they want in exactly the place they want.

Old 06-05-2010, 07:14 PM

Okay....I "almost" don't sound like anything...And the decision was never final...I have been looking @ plenty other places...And I wasn't asking for anyone to solve my problem because it really isn't one...I was just curious as to why there weren't any companies that would have a cosmetic chemist position...seeing as though....EVERY other city does...Not just CALIFORNIA! I could have really done w/o your smart ass remark...seriously...You don't know me well enough to say what "I ALMOST BELIEVE" You almost sound like an *******...but...who am i to judge...I know what the real world is all about...Really I do...I have been on my own for some time now...It was simply something I posted because I thought maybe I was looking under a different name used where I am versus in NC...Either be of some kind of help or just ignore the post...I am not a child and don't need to be spoken to like one...or as if I lack a brain!!! Thanks for the smart remarks but no thanks!! The other people who responded weren't rude at all....and 1 even offered some companies that might have positions...which they did!!! JERK!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina