Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 12:55 PM

1 posts, read 2,310 times

Advertisements

This almost sounds to good to be true. I have heard that a trailer/rv would not make though the cold winters is this true ? I don't want to sound like a prima donna but is the pay worth the cold and relocating 30,000-50,000 a yrs isnt my idea of a great furture i know things are hard but -30 degrees could be a little tough and relocating away from family should be worth alot more than couple of hundred bucks a week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 04:50 PM

325 posts, read 861,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlori View Post
This almost sounds to good to be true. I have heard that a trailer/rv would not make though the cold winters is this true ? I don't want to sound like a prima donna but is the pay worth the cold and relocating 30,000-50,000 a yrs isnt my idea of a great furture i know things are hard but -30 degrees could be a little tough and relocating away from family should be worth alot more than couple of hundred bucks a week.

I don't think anyone is contemplating moving to North Dakota for $30-$50,000 a year.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:40 PM

18,700 posts, read 41,895,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlori View Post
This almost sounds to good to be true. I have heard that a trailer/rv would not make though the cold winters is this true ?
-snip -
No, it's not true. A lot of people lived in RV's last year and the did just fine. It takes some prep work but it is very doable.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:02 PM

625 posts, read 1,874,796 times
This is a little OT, but we'll see how the 'RV type' living goes this winter with hundreds of FEMA trailers in Minot because of the flood. The trailers are all coming from down south & are the same as FEMA trailers used anywhere else. HAve several friends in Minot who are NOT looking forward to winter in those trailers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
No, it's not true. A lot of people lived in RV's last year and the did just fine. It takes some prep work but it is very doable.

Old 11-03-2011, 01:03 AM

18,700 posts, read 41,895,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-Oaks View Post
This is a little OT, but we'll see how the 'RV type' living goes this winter with hundreds of FEMA trailers in Minot because of the flood. The trailers are all coming from down south & are the same as FEMA trailers used anywhere else. HAve several friends in Minot who are NOT looking forward to winter in those trailers.
I've been watching the market and there are a couple dealers in Williston and that's what they are selling. FEMA trailers. They've been trucking them up from LA.

I lived in a RV for 9 years. 4 years in a bumper pull 35 footer and 5 years in a 5th wheel 37 footer. I froze up a couple times the first year. Froze up once the second year and didn't have any troubles the rest of the time. Like I said, it takes some prep work. Can't go into it blind, but it is very doable.

Old 11-25-2011, 11:15 AM

2 posts, read 4,568 times
Can you give me a website that displays photos of temporary housing provided for employees by key energy Co.

Old 11-25-2011, 01:51 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,085,089 times
There is a thread that asks about working for key. You might check that, more info there possibly. Also, check for pics thread here that asks about man camps. Good luck

Old 11-25-2011, 03:27 PM

581 posts, read 2,211,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikotero59 View Post
Can you give me a website that displays photos of temporary housing provided for employees by key energy Co.
Key has different types of housing depending on where you are working and what division you are working for.

Here is one example of their housing.

Target Logistics Bakken Shale Oil Play - YouTube

Old 01-04-2012, 11:22 AM

1 posts, read 1,876 times
I'm an electrician from SC. I moved to springhill,FL. 20 months ago. The remodel work I was promised fell through BC of an unscrupulous ex. Although I've started community College. To change trades I'm seriously considering relocating my classes there, to find work to survive during my reeducation and recertification process. Any help and information would be much appreciated. My E-mail :
[email]Seawich7@Gmail.com[/email]
ty and may Gos bless you all in this crazy
And faith trying economy.

Old 01-29-2012, 01:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,767 times
I am looking for construction jobs to bid on and or oil field work I own a construction company in colorado work is slow I need to find long term work I have my cdl license and experience with heavy equipment I have no experience working in the oil business but I have no problem learning a new trade I have working in the weather all my life . Looking for some contacts or more information thamks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota