Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 08:12 PM

67 posts, read 213,741 times

Advertisements

I was going to spend some time next summer in North and South Dakota to research my family’s heritage there but given North Dakota’s attempt to suppress the Native American vote, I will not spend one dime there.

I hope to encourage anyone, who might be thinking about a visit, maybe reconsider.

Republicans in that state are immoral.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 05:57 AM

7,072 posts, read 9,615,377 times
Dead people voting in Chicago has not reduced tourism in that city.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:20 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,231,509 times
I hadn't heard about this. Could you please provide a link so I can read about this suppression?

Old 10-16-2018, 08:24 PM

2,068 posts, read 998,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bliss61 View Post
I was going to spend some time next summer in North and South Dakota to research my family’s heritage there but given North Dakota’s attempt to suppress the Native American vote, I will not spend one dime there.

I hope to encourage anyone, who might be thinking about a visit, maybe reconsider.

Republicans in that state are immoral.

Hmmm... My wife and I have travel vouchers for a flight to somewhere. We can't decide where to go.

Maybe we'll go to...North Dakota!

Old 10-17-2018, 06:54 AM

142 posts, read 308,448 times
Something to do with this?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/no...erican-voters/

Old 10-17-2018, 01:45 PM

67 posts, read 213,741 times
And if you believe you are a victim of the Republican’s voter suppression tactics or know of someone who is...

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/as...rce=socialflow

Why are red states like North Dakota, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana and Nevada so afraid of the slaughter that is about to happen in the midterms? And why don’t they ask themselves what they did to create so much disgust? Introspection is not a bad thing.

And if Republicans lose and decide to take up arms, and you are one of those people, who are you going to shoot first? Your neighbor who voted for Democrats? Just asking...this would be a good time to start planning.

Last edited by bliss61; 10-17-2018 at 01:46 PM.. Reason: Correct spelling

Old 10-18-2018, 08:36 AM

125 posts, read 184,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
I hadn't heard about this. Could you please provide a link so I can read about this suppression?

Here you go. It's real and very disturbing. Even more disturbing is that the Supreme court refused to hear the case.

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/13/65712...polling-places

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/14/polit...ota/index.html

Supreme Court Refuses to Intervene in North Dakota Voter ID Law | Fortune

Old 10-22-2018, 03:17 PM

1,459 posts, read 1,401,673 times
So much garbage out there - it's overwhelming. In Chicago, you had a voters ID card to be presented when you voted. It wasn't illegal, but it did keep those without one from voting. In Florida & Georgia, a driver's license is required to vote. Nothing illegal there either.

The tribes consider themselves sovereign - sorry that doesn't fly. Not since they merged their tribes into the states and swore allegiance to this country. If they are sovereign they shouldn't be on welfare or receive snap/medicaid. They should be like the Hopi - who don't accept any forms of payments from the feebs. Totally on their own - sovereign. They have their own courts, own voting and don't participate off the rez.

Now I may catch some flack about this but the US Govt made serious errors when they created treaties with one group of AmerIndians, when there were hundreds, if not thousands of tribes, that needed to resolved in the 1800's. Ever since then the tribes have been a bunch of leeches on our prosperity. If they were cut off this weekend........

Old 10-22-2018, 04:20 PM

118 posts, read 121,504 times
I'm by no means a fan of what they're doing in North Dakota, but I don't think it's reason to boycott the whole state.

Old 10-22-2018, 05:47 PM

357 posts, read 443,937 times
There is a lot of hypocrisy in ND. Very conservative and anti-government, yet recipient of a lot of federal support. It's a classic, "Get the government off my back, but oh, don't forget the farm and other support payments."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
View detailed profiles of: