U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-02-2011, 08:15 PM

13 posts, read 34,641 times

Advertisements

Hello,

My husband is a Septic Installer in NC. We are moving to ND to farm, but are also thinking about doing Septic systems there as well.

I'm wondering if anyone know's the requirements/steps to become licensed in North Dakota.

Your help is much appreciated- thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 09:50 PM

392 posts, read 757,576 times
Own a backhoe? I think you are now qualified.

Old 02-03-2011, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbay View Post
Own a backhoe? I think you are now qualified.

Haha. For real? No classes/test/fees? We own an excavator and a track loader.

Thanks for replying!

Old 02-03-2011, 09:25 AM

3,716 posts, read 5,474,346 times
Here is the info that is helpful....

Septic Systems in North Dakota

The below is from the above link...

The North Dakota Department of Health is the governing body in charge of septic tank regulations. The local or district health units are responsible for the administration and granting of permits. No sewer system may be installed, repaired, or altered without applying for and receiving written permission to carry out these works.

Licensure Requirements for Septic System Contractors
Individuals or businesses involved in the installation of onsite septic systems need to be licensed. To become licensed, they undergo a minimum of eight hours of study in a prescribed course every two years.

Similarly, any person engaged in pumping and disposing of sewage waste needs to obtain an annual license from the State Department of Health. Any vehicles used for the purpose should have a metal license tag in a visible spot on the left side of the vehicle.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaninEGF View Post
Here is the info that is helpful....

Septic Systems in North Dakota

The below is from the above link...

The North Dakota Department of Health is the governing body in charge of septic tank regulations. The local or district health units are responsible for the administration and granting of permits. No sewer system may be installed, repaired, or altered without applying for and receiving written permission to carry out these works.

Licensure Requirements for Septic System Contractors
Individuals or businesses involved in the installation of onsite septic systems need to be licensed. To become licensed, they undergo a minimum of eight hours of study in a prescribed course every two years.

Similarly, any person engaged in pumping and disposing of sewage waste needs to obtain an annual license from the State Department of Health. Any vehicles used for the purpose should have a metal license tag in a visible spot on the left side of the vehicle.

Thank you for your response and info. That is actually the same (and only info) I came across online as well. Last week I called the ND Dept. of Health and they didn't have a clue. They said I should call the "plumbers association"- which I have yet to get ahold anyone at the #.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:52 AM

I just found this, which looks like it answers my question. Thanks.

No State onsite certification or licensing program for wastewater professionals exists, and there are no plans to develop such a program within the next year. However, local units may license wastewater professionals. Sanitarians are licensed/certified to perform site evaluations/inspections in North Dakota

http://www.nesc.wvu.edu/septic_idb/northdakota.htm#regs

Old 02-03-2011, 02:52 PM

1,070 posts, read 1,385,722 times
Default County

Most counties have formed affiliations with other counties for their health department. You'll need to file a form with them containing street address and legal description, number of bedrooms, garbage disposal and your water well depth. They'll typically determine what you can use from there. If your soil requires a perc test, they will state that and hopefully provide some references on who can perform that.

Also, the county will likely have some permitting issues with the home and zoning restrictions. I'm assuming you know about those.

Old 02-05-2011, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingcat2k View Post
Most counties have formed affiliations with other counties for their health department. You'll need to file a form with them containing street address and legal description, number of bedrooms, garbage disposal and your water well depth. They'll typically determine what you can use from there. If your soil requires a perc test, they will state that and hopefully provide some references on who can perform that.

Also, the county will likely have some permitting issues with the home and zoning restrictions. I'm assuming you know about those.
The county takes care of all of that here. Thank you for the information.

Old 02-05-2011, 05:05 PM

392 posts, read 757,576 times
Like I said, do ya own a backhoe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota