U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-01-2011, 02:54 AM

18 posts, read 27,110 times

Advertisements

Hey all!! We still have not heard yet if we will be coming to GF but are proceeding with information gathering as much as we can. I think that we have decided to live on base instead of buying. That being said, I have looked everywhere for some good pix (inside and outside) of the newer base housing on youtube, flickr, and google for naught. We found 1 with the floor plan on AF Portal, but that really does not give me much to go on. So, does anyone live in housing? (we are a 4 person family and hubby is an E8 select) How are the houses? Are there running trails in housing? What is an artic rec room? Are most base areas easy to walk to from housing? Pix anyone or walk through video?

Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 05:07 PM

8,394 posts, read 7,256,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonpie70 View Post
Hey all!! We still have not heard yet if we will be coming to GF but are proceeding with information gathering as much as we can. I think that we have decided to live on base instead of buying. That being said, I have looked everywhere for some good pix (inside and outside) of the newer base housing on youtube, flickr, and google for naught. We found 1 with the floor plan on AF Portal, but that really does not give me much to go on. So, does anyone live in housing? (we are a 4 person family and hubby is an E8 select) How are the houses? Are there running trails in housing? What is an artic rec room? Are most base areas easy to walk to from housing? Pix anyone or walk through video?

Thanks!!!
Just what I know. The base redid housing a couple years ago. I've heard it is really nice. At least it would give you a chance to adjust to a new area w/ other folks around in the same field of interest etc. Grand Forks has lots of apartments, fewer rental houses...but it shouldn't be a problem finding suitable housing....make sure they are pet friendly. I am pretty sure dogs are not a problem on the base. You could try to google and see more about housing.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:01 PM

2 posts, read 2,407 times
Hi,
My Kids Moved to Carrington North Dakota , And Right now their living in his moms house,with his aunt,uncle, sister
and they both gotten jobs, and now need help finding them a House or Apartment,their newly weds,and They Need
to have space, and privacy.. Does anyone know where there are homes, apartments for rent,or lease to rent. Please
let me know where to look online so I can help them..

Old 07-31-2012, 11:29 PM

3,695 posts, read 5,371,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyrosejj View Post
Hi,
My Kids Moved to Carrington North Dakota , And Right now their living in his moms house,with his aunt,uncle, sister
and they both gotten jobs, and now need help finding them a House or Apartment,their newly weds,and They Need
to have space, and privacy.. Does anyone know where there are homes, apartments for rent,or lease to rent. Please
let me know where to look online so I can help them..
In small ND towns....word of mouth is how most news travels, versus putting info on websites, etc. I did a quick search and saw this....

Auto, Home, Crop, Agri Business, Life Insurance & Real Estate in Carrington, North Dakota - Central Insurance Agency, Inc.

Locally owned....and would be a place to start at least. I dont know anything about this company in particular, but the key is to speak with someone in town, and see what is out there. Check the local gas station/store for any fliers put up about real estate. Even if not wanting to buy, someone there who knows the local town can point them in the right direction. Typically finding a rental apartment or rental house in a small town can be very challenging due to lack of supply. Buying would have a better chance.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:40 PM

2 posts, read 2,407 times
How about Jamestown,which town or city closes to carrington

Old 07-31-2012, 11:54 PM

73 posts, read 84,179 times
Hi,

I did a search and found a web site for the Chamber of Commerce in Carrington. They have a relocation packet you can request, there is also a number for questions. I have found chambers are a great place to find places. The site also has links to Century 21 and also has a link to the City of Carrington. Carrington, North Dakota Chamber Members for 2008

I also found this web site that lists realestate along with other information in Carrington.
http://www.carringtonnews.com/realestate.htm

New Rockford is another small town located about 17 miles from Carrington. New Rokford also has a Chamber of Commerce with a web site that lists relocation information..

http://www.newrockfordnd.govoffice2....E-2AC71943C7DA}

Jamestown is located about 45 miles from Carrington. That can get to be a bit of a drive come winter and bad roads.

Good luck, I hope they find something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota