U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 09:59 PM

13,496 posts, read 24,704,655 times
Cain, you're right. We have some friends who are guards in our county jail and their pay is above average for the area. Also, the benies are very good, too. They all seem to like it there except for the rotating shifts. They rotate every 28 days and it's rough to keep changing like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2007, 12:07 PM

428 posts, read 1,075,455 times
At Minot AFB, the base is hiring security guards for the base entrances. If you are interested, I can get the name of the compay that is doing the hiring for the base. Contact me through DM. The base is located approximately 12 miles north of Minot, ND. Have you been to a trained security academy? ct

Last edited by Jammie; 09-06-2007 at 07:07 PM.. Reason: Removed email addy~please use DM. It's safer

Old 09-06-2007, 06:47 PM

41 posts, read 153,687 times
Hey everyone thanks for the replies. Sorry I havent been on as much I have alot going on. Yes please that would be great if you can tell me the name of the company that is hiring up there. To answer the other question, I really dont know if I would rent or own. Most likely try to own because everyone knows all the downsides to renting. My goal would be affordbale small home in very quiet area within about 30-35 mins to my job. Hey I can dream right?

Old 09-06-2007, 07:16 PM

156 posts, read 728,364 times
Bis-Man security is the one hiring for the air base. Based out of Bismarck.

Old 10-21-2007, 01:50 AM

133 posts, read 337,940 times
Um...why North Dakota? Not to sound cynical but I think it's depressing that one of the first responses you got mentioned working as a mall security guard. I am from New York state and am in the Air Force stationed at Grand Forks AFB. I will tell you that our check points are being manned by civilians now instead of Security Forces (AF cops) and I know Minot AFB has also made this transition. I know what you are referring to by higher wage security guard positions and I really think you'd be hard pressed to find anything like that out here. Unless you went into a government position like the above mentioned Prison Guard, you're best bet is to stay back east.

Old 10-24-2007, 06:42 PM

428 posts, read 1,075,455 times
Mike,
Not to worry. First look at the state's jobs web page at Job Service North Dakota . Secondly, North Dakota is in the midst of building a refinery here. Once all of the legal mumble jumble is taken care of, they will need lots of security officers. The paper is saying that this refinery will need to fill 700 jobs, with an average pay of $70,000. For ND, that a lots of cash. But first, check out the state web page.

Old 11-13-2007, 11:05 PM

41 posts, read 153,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorkborn&raised View Post
Um...why North Dakota? Not to sound cynical but I think it's depressing that one of the first responses you got mentioned working as a mall security guard. I am from New York state and am in the Air Force stationed at Grand Forks AFB. I will tell you that our check points are being manned by civilians now instead of Security Forces (AF cops) and I know Minot AFB has also made this transition. I know what you are referring to by higher wage security guard positions and I really think you'd be hard pressed to find anything like that out here. Unless you went into a government position like the above mentioned Prison Guard, you're best bet is to stay back east.
LOL..Dude when did I say I aspired or wanted to be a "Mall Security Guard" ?

I never said that, because I would never want to be. I think I said that the security guard profession in general gets a bad rap because there known to be lazy fat bumbling idiots, and ya know what? some are!

I should explain to you that I graduated High School but chose not to attend college because I "didnt know what I wanted to be when i grow up" well Im 26 and still dont! Im not the type of person who wants children or even a wife for that matter, and my entire family consist of 3 people. So I dont have many people to show off for or to support in my life.

Ive worked at gas stations, factories, and some call center jobs and they all sucked compared to security. Security to me right now isnt my favorite thing to do in life but its the best job I can easily do and qualify for because Ive been doing it for a few years and the job or post I was assigned to down here was in one of the largest newspaper companies in this part of florida, and I might say I did a pretty good job in my time there.

What part of my statement depressed you? The fact that I have an interest in moving to North Dakota? Or the fact that the best paying job available to me is Security?

Sorry dude but I lived in New Jersey for 22 years and Florida for 4 years, Im sick of the east and the over crowding and garbage that comes with it.

You ever watch Seinfeld? You sound like Morty Seinfeld trying to keep Frank Costanza out of Del Boca Vista!

If i do end up in Dakota I will obviously need to work but hell I guess I would stock shelves at Walmart if i had to.

North Dakota, Minnesota, Montana, somewhere I will end up. I like snow, cold weather, interesting animals, scenic views , nice people, quiet towns, open space, things of that nature and Im not getting any of that out of Florida.

I find it depressing your in the military during a time of war but also respect that you are in the military so I kindly ask you respect what security guards do because were usually the first to detect crime before the police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota