U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 08:21 PM

947 posts, read 3,173,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersonRM View Post
Here is a picture of my place.
AndersonRM:

That is a wonderful picture! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing!

Where exactly are you and what is near you? Would love to hear a bit of background on that picture.

Paul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 10:01 PM

20,164 posts, read 34,473,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparco View Post
I just have to say, I dont think I ever saw anything in Europe as lovely as tho two pictures above, I have set them on my Desktop and let them rotate back and forth....what a lovely scene, I love the winter scene of the park especially....
Eh, North Dakota had an April Blizzard today

Old 04-26-2008, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plains10 View Post
Eh, North Dakota had an April Blizzard today
I miss the snow!

I'm originally from Connecticut and grew up around snow. Ive lived in ND, MS, AL, FL, SC, NH and CT. I haven't seen snow in 3+ years.

As long as I don't have to shovel it, I'm fine.

Old 04-26-2008, 08:53 PM

20,164 posts, read 34,473,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioBroadcaster2008 View Post
I miss the snow!

I'm originally from Connecticut and grew up around snow. Ive lived in ND, MS, AL, FL, SC, NH and CT. I haven't seen snow in 3+ years.

As long as I don't have to shovel it, I'm fine.
Drifts were a couple of feet high over portions of MN. That is a little scary for late April

Old 04-26-2008, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plains10 View Post
Drifts were a couple of feet high over portions of MN. That is a little scary for late April
Ah, cool.. lol. I remember snow drifts in Connecticut when I was in middle school that were almost as tall as me. (I'm 24 years old now)

Old 04-28-2008, 07:28 AM

196 posts, read 161,890 times
may I ask how snow "drifts" differ from "blizzards"...I have a vague idea what each is, but since you seem to be able to measure the heights of the "drifts" can you tell me exactly how each develops and how long they last....Im so intrigued and in love with snow, even tho I see that many are not....guess its easy to say from where Im sitting in Florida, my hat goes off to all you strong folks who have to shovel this great wonder...thanks for more interesting thoughts....

Old 04-28-2008, 10:58 AM

Quote:
may I ask how snow "drifts" differ from "blizzards"...I have a vague idea what each is, but since you seem to be able to measure the heights of the "drifts" can you tell me exactly how each develops and how long they last....Im so intrigued and in love with snow, even tho I see that many are not....guess its easy to say from where Im sitting in Florida, my hat goes off to all you strong folks who have to shovel this great wonder...thanks for more interesting thoughts....
Blizzards are what falls out of the sky, it's what we call snow as it's falling, as it happens.

Drifts are whats already on the ground during a storm.,... and gets blown in higher heights by the wind then what it was when it fell.

Make sense?

Old 04-28-2008, 11:02 AM

196 posts, read 161,890 times
Quote:
Blizzards are what falls out of the sky, it's what we call snow as it's falling, as it happens.

Drifts are whats already on the ground during a storm.,... and gets blown in higher heights by the wind then what it was when it fell.

Make sense?

perfectly!....thanks so much, Radio... forgive me if I seemed a bit "drifty" myself, lol.... oh I sure do love that beautiful white stuff!!...I watch the movie Grumpy Old Men alot, lol....I really enjoy watching Ann Margret and Jack Lemmon making those snow angels laying in the lovely snow!...when she runs out of the house in that leotard I imagine even more, lol... thanks once again!

Old 04-28-2008, 11:17 AM

Quote:
perfectly!....thanks so much, Radio... forgive me if I seemed a bit "drifty" myself, lol.... oh I sure do love that beautiful white stuff!!...I watch the movie Grumpy Old Men alot, lol....I really enjoy watching Ann Margret and Jack Lemmon making those snow angels laying in the lovely snow!...when she runs out of the house in that leotard I imagine even more, lol... thanks once again!
Anytime, glad I could be of assistance and explain something.

I miss watching the snow fall myself.. haven't seen any in awhile.

Old 05-07-2008, 05:01 AM

163 posts, read 485,271 times
Quote:
AndersonRM:

That is a wonderful picture! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing!

Where exactly are you and what is near you? Would love to hear a bit of background on that picture.

Paul
Hi Paul
My place is 9 miles SE of Minot just off Hwy 52. It's my little piece of heaven. It was taken in August 2004 when I was looking to buy the place. Since then we have bought an additional 35 acres up on the hill.

Here is a satellite photo of the place plus the 35 acres.

Thanks for the kind comments.

Last edited by AndersonRM; 05-07-2008 at 05:12 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or