U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-20-2011, 03:42 PM
 
4 posts, read 9,448 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Hello Colleagues:
I am very interested in applying for a position with Target Logistics. Before I do so, I do show on their website that they provide housing. Should I give them my current out of state address or give them a friend’s address that is local in ND? They also wanted me to send a salary requirement. What is the average pay/salary for working as a cook/helper/reception/housekeeper on the oil rigs in ND? I do not want to request pay that is too high or too low. I need a little advice because I am very interested. Thanks so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-20-2011, 03:47 PM
 
325 posts, read 783,362 times
Reputation: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by success2012 View Post
Hello Colleagues:
I am very interested in applying for a position with Target Logistics. Before I do so, I do show on their website that they provide housing. Should I give them my current out of state address or give them a friendís address that is local in ND? They also wanted me to send a salary requirement. What is the average pay/salary for working as a cook/helper/reception/housekeeper on the oil rigs in ND? I do not want to request pay that is too high or too low. I need a little advice because I am very interested. Thanks so much.
I can't help you with salary requirements but keep all contact info (phone number and address) local.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2011, 07:31 PM
 
581 posts, read 2,048,424 times
Reputation: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by success2012 View Post
Hello Colleagues:
I am very interested in applying for a position with Target Logistics. Before I do so, I do show on their website that they provide housing. Should I give them my current out of state address or give them a friendís address that is local in ND? They also wanted me to send a salary requirement. What is the average pay/salary for working as a cook/helper/reception/housekeeper on the oil rigs in ND? I do not want to request pay that is too high or too low. I need a little advice because I am very interested. Thanks so much.
I doubt a local address/phone matters to them. Most of their staff was brought in from Louisiana. If they are offering housing they obviously understand the housing problem.....drum roll please.......they are a MANCAMP. Check jobsnd.com for wage info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2011, 07:44 PM
 
325 posts, read 783,362 times
Reputation: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by kychlo View Post
I doubt a local address/phone matters to them. Most of their staff was brought in from Louisiana. If they are offering housing they obviously understand the housing problem.....drum roll please.......they are a MANCAMP.
Haha! Thanks for pointing out the obvious - although I would still wager that a perceived local address would offer a slight advantage. "Mr. Jones, can you stop by today?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2011, 09:30 PM
 
581 posts, read 2,048,424 times
Reputation: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by internationalman View Post
Haha! Thanks for pointing out the obvious - although I would still wager that a perceived local address would offer a slight advantage. "Mr. Jones, can you stop by today?"
"Mr Jones can you stop by today.....Oh what...you live in another state but wrote down a buddies address as yours....Click....dial tone......Hello....hello??" J/k. I don't want to start a thread about local addresses or I'll get ganged up on again. Do whatevah you think will get you the gig.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2011, 09:43 PM
 
325 posts, read 783,362 times
Reputation: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by kychlo View Post
"Mr Jones can you stop by today.....Oh what...you live in another state but wrote down a buddies address as yours....Click....dial tone......Hello....hello??" J/k. I don't want to start a thread about local addresses or I'll get ganged up on again. Do whatevah you think will get you the gig.
Me: "Can't stop by today (Tuesday) since I'm working (or out of town at the moment) but can we schedule a time for say...Thursday? Will that work for you?"

Them: "Sure, how about Thursday at 1:00 pm?

Me: "Works for me. See you then."


There is no reason on God's green earth to reveal you actually live out of town. And I probably wouldn't use a buddies address but rather a mail forwarding service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2011, 09:50 PM
 
443 posts, read 697,801 times
Reputation: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by internationalman View Post
Me: "Can't stop by today (Tuesday) since I'm working (or out of town at the moment) but can we schedule a time for say...Thursday? Will that work for you?"

Them: "Sure, how about Thursday at 1:00 pm?

Me: "Works for me. See you then."


There is no reason on God's green earth to reveal you actually live out of town. And I probably wouldn't use a buddies address but rather a mail forwarding service.
There used to be a saying, "Honesty is always the best policy". - Not applicable to employment in ND anymore?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2011, 10:03 PM
 
325 posts, read 783,362 times
Reputation: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursa22 View Post
There used to be a saying, "Honesty is always the best policy". - Not applicable to employment in ND anymore?
There is nothing dishonest about having a local ND phone number and address. So unless someone asks you directly about your situation there is no reason on God's green earth to reveal that you are an out of towner.

On the other hand, if someone was desperate and their family was starving and this represented an excellent chance for them to get back on their feet, you wouldn't find any moralizing coming from me if they decided to hide the fact they were out of towners in order to secure the job.

But I don't want to get into a back and forth on this, cuz as Kychlo alluded to earlier, we already had this discussion in another thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2011, 10:08 PM
 
443 posts, read 697,801 times
Reputation: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by internationalman View Post
There is nothing dishonest about having a local ND phone number and address. So unless someone asks you directly about your situation there is no reason on God's green earth to reveal that you are an out of towner.

On the other hand, if someone was desperate and their family was starving and this represented an excellent chance for them to get back on their feet, you wouldn't find any moralizing coming from me if they decided to hide the fact they were out of towners in order to secure the job.

But I don't want to get into a back and forth on this, cuz as Kychlo alluded to earlier, we already had this discussion in another thread.
-Reminds me of Bill Clinton's statement. "I did not have sex with that woman".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2011, 10:17 PM
 
325 posts, read 783,362 times
Reputation: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursa22 View Post
-Reminds me of Bill Clinton's statement. "I did not have sex with that woman".
If you say so...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top