U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 08:50 AM

4 posts, read 9,452 times

Advertisements

I think that I will supply my current address, but state in my resume or cover letter that I am relocating to the Northwest North Dakota area once I have established employment in that area. I think that would be ok since I saw on the website that housing is available for employees.

To give you a little background about myself, I am a struggling underemployed college graduate living in the South in an area where the unemployment rate is over 10%. I live in an area where the current employers think they are doing you a favor giving you a job that is underpaying which in reality they need us just as much as we need them. I have been walking the pavement looking for a position that pays only $40K a year with me having 2 master degrees. It sounds sad and the truth is that it is sad.
I don't want to limit myself anymore. If I can relocate elsewhere for a job or career that is decent paying, say $1000 week minimum, I would like to relocate without a doubt. If Target Logistics can meet that requirement, I will say yes to a position before they even finish their sentence. I just need that opportunity, that chance. I am single, no children and no attachments to the South other than family. I am tired of being tired. Someone please assist me in locating employment in North Dakota. I have a background in security, food service which to include being a shift manager for a small food chain previously and office administration.
I want to apply for a position with Target Logistics and several other companies that provide the same service. Can anyone tell me the name of other companies that provide and do the same things as Target Logisitics? I apologize for the dissertation, but I have alot on my mind and I feel somedays that no one listens. It is not like I am looking for a handout. I just want to be able to save money and live a comfortable living in which I do not have to live paycheck to paycheck like I am doing currently.
I always live within my means and not into a lavish materialistic lifestyle. If I have the basics, I am fine even if that means me living somewhere that the temperature gets below -40 degrees. I have student loans that I have to payback on a job that I have before I even graduated. I try to stay optimistic in the midst of this storm that I am in. I pray every day to keep my faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
I need any tips on how to expedite the process of me landing a position with a company in North Dakota. I need a new year with a new beginning. I am just tired of struggling. How much do I need saved to get to North Dakota? I need to do whatever it takes to get there or anywhere that has a less competitive job market.
Thanks colleagues for listening to me and any responses/feedback would be quite helpful and thanks again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 10:23 AM

249 posts, read 578,662 times
success2012 - What are you two degrees in???

Old 12-21-2011, 10:58 AM

My undergraduate degree is in Business Administration. I later earned an MBA and also a Master of Arts in Education.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:01 AM

15,836 posts, read 18,481,958 times
various leads and info. Just hoping to help, always encourage work, housing is a critical piece in any job search. Good luck
Broaden your search, don't just think "rig hand" but gear your resume to the position you want.
Purestream Technology Contracted to Treat Bakken Frac Water - Valley News Live - KVLY/KXJB - Fargo/Grand Forks
This is a website that lists tons of other links to publications, and various companies. Good place to read, and look for resources, jobs etc. You may well find a great job.
http://www.theoildrum.co m/
Jobs N.D.
North Dakota State Government - Home
North Dakota Department of Commerce - Ambassadors: Work : WebFair ND (http://www.experience.nd.gov/work/webfair-nd/ - broken link)
Publication all about Bakken
Million Dollar Way (All Bakken All The Time)

Old 12-21-2011, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by success2012 View Post
My undergraduate degree is in Business Administration. I later earned an MBA and also a Master of Arts in Education.
You have some very good potential w/ those degrees. Think management, even if you start out much lower. I read that Target Logistics is world wide!
Originally Posted by JanND
Just a heads up, check the websites, there might be job info re IT Also incl a site for one of man camp co's Plan ahead, deadly weather and no housing. socalfinest just got a job w/ a man camp, he is a pretty helpful person, maybe he has some info.
Turnkey solutions for remote workforce housing from Target Logistics A man camp co.
Halliburton
Calfrac
Nabors Drilling
Precision Drilling
Pioneer Drilling
Continental Resources
Weatherford
American Casing
Baker Hughes
Ensign
Pitman Drilling
Stallion Oilfield (Roustabouts, ect)
Cudd
Frac Tech
Key Energy
You will have to find websites, or call information, area code 701-411-555-1212 (whole state one area code)
just a list that I have compiled from postings on the forum, you'll have to do your own research re: available jobs, web sites etc. several companies have mancamps that house their employees. You might find out which man camp facilitates the different companies, then contact those man camp co.s Also, have you just done a web search, that is how I found target logistics, search logistics, and man camps also. Hope it helps your planning, and housing needs. Happy Holidays to All!

Last edited by JanND; 12-21-2011 at 11:41 AM.. Reason: sentence structure

Old 12-21-2011, 11:26 AM

Thanks..I need to tailor each resume to the job that I am seeking.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:33 AM

Yes, for instance i have seen on this forum advise regarding, emphasizing manual labor when applying for rig hand type work. So, if you research each position, and adapt the buzz words, using your transferrable skills it will at least get you noticed. But, never B.S., straight talk in my experience w/ N.D. folks goes a long way, and may be the clincher in anything from trying to rent a place, to trying to secure a job. It may be that "likeable" honesty that makes you the applicant that stands out, in a interview.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:13 PM

325 posts, read 783,671 times
Quote:
I don't want to limit myself anymore. If I can relocate elsewhere for a job or career that is decent paying, say $1000 week minimum, I would like to relocate without a doubt.
One guy on this forum who was hired by a mancamp makes $900 a week.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:17 PM

325 posts, read 783,671 times
Quote:
In general your degrees aren't very marketable unless you are hired by someone who only cares that you have a degree period, not the discipline the degree is in. If you want to make a good living as an employee (rather than as an entrepreneur) expect to start at the bottom and work your way up. The good thing about the oil industry is that it appears to be one of the few places that entry level folks can make a decent living right away, provided you can get on and are able to work a lot of hours.

Old 12-21-2011, 04:27 PM

443 posts, read 698,237 times
Quote:
Look into opportunities in Education. There are a lot of openings for educators throughout ND. You'd have decent pay, good benefits, and a nice retirement pension. You could find an oil related job during Summer break to supplement your income.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota