Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2013, 09:10 AM

8 posts, read 13,273 times

Advertisements

I'm stationed at Minot AFB, and always see openings at Baker Hughes in Minot off of the bypass... would love to get a job with them. Just wondering if anyone on here knows of anyone who works at that building, that I could talk to them about how to make myself more "marketable" to be hired on with them? Or what it's like to work there. Pretty much just trying to get some information and network with people out here who are already in that industry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2013, 06:56 PM

979 posts, read 3,668,943 times
USAF_Johnson...sorry no one is responding. I do not know what they do in the Minot facility. I know they let about 60 people go last summer and offered them positions in the Williston and Dickinson facilities...I believe that was related to the city of Minot's decision to not allow Baker Hughes to store some chemicals due to a change in the "zoning" area around Baker Hughes AFTER Baker Hughes had built their facility. But I believe that issue has since been resolved? Maybe someone from Minot can comment on that. I know Williston has 3 Baker Hughes facilities (one that has been around since the last boom, one built the same time as the new Minot and Dickinson's went up and the 3rd is under construction across the road from the most recently built facility in WIlliston) I believe they all serve different functions since all 3 huge facilities are still open) But I don't know what they do in them.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:54 AM

12 posts, read 23,328 times
The majority of the Minot Baker Hughes is crews for chemical pump down. They pump the chemical down while the fracing is going on. They also treat wells with chemical as needed. They also have other divisions set up there too, I don't know alot about them.
Best thing to do is go online to their website and look under careers for Minot and apply. I do know a CDL Class A with hazmat endorcements is required for most positions out in the field.

Old 04-12-2013, 02:23 PM

54 posts, read 114,453 times
The best way is to go to SOS staffing get singed up B.H. is one of there biggest accounts .You start out with them and then the company hires you on in 90 days if you are a good fit and work out.

Old 08-17-2013, 10:19 AM

1 posts, read 4,077 times
Default responce to your question

I do work at the Minot location. First thing I would like to comment on is the replys. We have not laid off 60 people due to any issues with zoning. In fact we are expanding to meet the demands. We have all ready out grown our facility in Minot.
The Minot facility is made up of several different product lines. We chose the location in Minot for several different reasons. One of those reasons is to try take advantage of retiring airforce personal who wanted to remain in the Minot area. We also felt that Minot would be an appealing place to draw and retain skilled people that wanted an oppertunity to expand their career locally.
One of our product lines does use SOS for hiring their employees and the other four product lines hire dirrect.
Please go to Bakerhughes.com and search careers in Minot. We are looking for tallented hard working people who want to live in North Dakota. The main office # 1-(701)-420-8000.
Baker Hughes is proud to have nearly 250 employees in Minot and nearly 1050 employees that live in North Dakota. This is a great community to raise a family, and one of the best chioces I have made in my career by moving here to Minot.

Old 08-17-2013, 11:02 AM

9 posts, read 19,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal LaCoste View Post
I do work at the Minot location. First thing I would like to comment on is the replys. We have not laid off 60 people due to any issues with zoning. In fact we are expanding to meet the demands. We have all ready out grown our facility in Minot.
The Minot facility is made up of several different product lines. We chose the location in Minot for several different reasons. One of those reasons is to try take advantage of retiring airforce personal who wanted to remain in the Minot area. We also felt that Minot would be an appealing place to draw and retain skilled people that wanted an oppertunity to expand their career locally.
One of our product lines does use SOS for hiring their employees and the other four product lines hire dirrect.
Please go to Bakerhughes.com and search careers in Minot. We are looking for tallented hard working people who want to live in North Dakota. The main office # 1-(701)-420-8000.
Baker Hughes is proud to have nearly 250 employees in Minot and nearly 1050 employees that live in North Dakota. This is a great community to raise a family, and one of the best chioces I have made in my career by moving here to Minot.
What is the starting pay at SOS or at BH if you can tell. Thax

Old 08-19-2013, 10:58 PM

979 posts, read 3,668,943 times
Glad to here the Minot facility is doing great. The layoffs I was referring to was in an article in the Minot paper when the Minot school board was opposing chemicals that would be stored in the Minot facility due to the planned relocation of the middle school in the vicinity. A spokesman indicated 60 employees would be transferred to facilities in Dickinson and Williston if the chemicals could not be stored at the Minot facility. Glad to here the issue was resolved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota