Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2011, 08:03 PM

325 posts, read 862,367 times

Advertisements

Thanks guy for all the updates. Very interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 05:20 AM

19 posts, read 54,643 times
freesample, I wouldn't have put that black mark down, especially if you had a file that showed no file found and have been through rhe homeland security check. did homeland security find it?

Old 11-10-2011, 05:30 AM

79 posts, read 193,755 times
Sundog07 When I went thru the Homeland Security Background check they did find the exact Form that I had with me yesterday. "No File Found" It was not a problem for them at that time and as I said before I have the Credentials that people with serious charges don't get.

Old 11-10-2011, 05:44 AM

the reason i ask, is i had a little incident in 97 and it was expunged. no background chek has ever said anything about it. i never say anything about it. BH made me an offer and i am just waiting on the background checks and paperwork. they did send me some paperwork to fill out this week so we will see how it goes. its a pain in the ###

Old 11-10-2011, 06:24 AM

21 posts, read 38,807 times
sundog- What location did you pick?

Old 11-10-2011, 07:05 AM

rock springs wyoming

Old 11-10-2011, 09:41 AM
dzy

13 posts, read 101,257 times
Freesample - sealed record means sealed record. There is no way you should have had to disclose that age 17 offense no matter what anybody told you. There is no way that even homeland security could have held it against you. Sealed is sealed. Next app. leave it out.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:38 PM

84 posts, read 186,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kychlo View Post
Truck driver can make that money but it's not the norm. Rig hands get overtime. Most truck driver DONT. If you are young, able, and willing I'd go to the RIGS. Also trucking compnaies don't usually have the rotational schedules.
Actually truck drivers can get as much if not more hours in the oil field since DOT rules are relaxed when your in this venue. Staying "On-
Site" running with a fraq crew or working on a rig floor can be good too. There are many different types of dynamics involved. Having worked as a fllor hand many years ago and since then being a truck driver I can tell you the driving job is much less physical but every bit as demanding mentally. Both have long hours attached and expectations involved. Since I'm nearly 50 now I would opt for the driving job. Better yet I would love to get in with a MUD company doing anaylsis and engineering problem solving. Work smarter not harder! Especially at my age. hahaha

Old 11-10-2011, 07:42 PM

581 posts, read 2,213,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey831831 View Post
Actually truck drivers can get as much if not more hours in the oil field since DOT rules are relaxed when your in this venue. Staying "On-
Site" running with a fraq crew or working on a rig floor can be good too. There are many different types of dynamics involved. Having worked as a fllor hand many years ago and since then being a truck driver I can tell you the driving job is much less physical but every bit as demanding mentally. Both have long hours attached and expectations involved. Since I'm nearly 50 now I would opt for the driving job. Better yet I would love to get in with a MUD company doing anaylsis and engineering problem solving. Work smarter not harder! Especially at my age. hahaha
Let's not get into DOT rules again on this board. The rules are really not relaxed for actual truckdrivers. Frac crews are really not truckdrivers. Working on a rig floor is for floorhands not truckdrivers.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:45 PM

941 posts, read 1,910,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kychlo View Post
Let's not get into DOT rules again on this board. The rules are really not relaxed for actual truckdrivers. Frac crews are really not truckdrivers. Working on a rig floor is for floorhands not truckdrivers.
kychlo, you seem to know a lot of oilfield stuff, but I never see here if you work in oilfield, do you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota