Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 01:21 AM

454 posts, read 1,242,276 times

Advertisements

So much for Obama trying to create jobs.

Obama Administration Delays Keystone XL Pipeline Approval - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 04:25 AM

231 posts, read 872,841 times
He's probably just caving to pressure from the Republicans in Nebraska (Governor and Senator) who asked him to not approve the pipeline because of it's proximity to the Ogallala aquifer. Which, if contaminated, would be an ecological disaster for the whole country.

It will probably just be rerouted.

Old 11-11-2011, 07:31 PM

84 posts, read 186,480 times
What a guy! I agree we need to protect water sources and such but the clock is ticking and his time is running out. November 2012 can't get here soon enough!!!

Last edited by smokey831831; 11-11-2011 at 07:32 PM.. Reason: misspelled word

Old 11-11-2011, 08:39 PM

394 posts, read 1,169,088 times
Million Dollar Way (All Bakken All The Time): First Rail Oil Shipment From Dickinson Shipped Monday -- The Bakken, North Dakota, USA

Old 11-11-2011, 10:09 PM

746 posts, read 1,728,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey831831 View Post
What a guy! I agree we need to protect water sources and such but the clock is ticking and his time is running out. November 2012 can't get here soon enough!!!
Warren Buffet gets special visits with Obama in the White House.
Buffet owns Burlington Northern Santa Fe.
Buffet's financed front groups were the ones protesting the pipelines' path through Nebraska.
Burlington Northern Santa Fe will make huge amounts of money moving ND / Canadian oil by delaying or stopping the pipeline.
Obama takes care of his friends and enriches his re-election fund raising.

Old 11-12-2011, 05:21 AM

4,149 posts, read 3,901,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey831831 View Post
If only the Republicans had a candidate worth voting for.

Jasper Hobbs

Old 11-12-2011, 08:55 AM

1,928 posts, read 5,164,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperhobbs View Post

Jasper Hobbs
You got that right. It seems like presidential elections over the last 20 years have come down to who would do the least amount of damage to the country.

Old 11-12-2011, 09:44 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,359,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra dweller View Post
He's probably just caving to pressure from the Republicans in Nebraska (Governor and Senator) who asked him to not approve the pipeline because of it's proximity to the Ogallala aquifer. Which, if contaminated, would be an ecological disaster for the whole country.

It will probably just be rerouted.

I agree. I think there are some environmentalists who haven't got the slightest clue what they're protesting, but I think Nebraska is right in asking for the pipeline to not go near the aquifer.

Like you said, it will probably just be rerouted.

Old 11-12-2011, 09:52 AM

84 posts, read 186,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperhobbs View Post

Jasper Hobbs
Why is it seemingly assumed if a negative statement is made about a Democrat that the person making the statement is assumed to favor Republicans?? Out of the last three Presidents I personally voted for Democrats twice because I believed they had the best candidate. Not this time. Say what you want and believe what you want but the facts are that "Big Business" "Oil" "Railroad" "Finance/Banking" run this country, always have and always will. The country has stopped being productive due in large part to the fact that confidence has been lost with this sitting President. Don't shoot the messenger but this is true. Our foreign policy hasn't been in this bad of shape since the Iran Hostage situation. Ever heard "If Mama ain't happy, no one is happy"? Well Big Business is the Mama I'm speaking about.

The Best Democratic President in US history has even come out saying Obama is screwing it up for everyone. Argue with Bill Clinton about that one. Which I'm certain I will see some responses that will somehow try to defend Obama and blame somebody else for his mistakes. I bet you can guess who that will be.

Old 11-12-2011, 11:41 AM

53 posts, read 190,257 times
Hi,

Smokey I think everyone knows by now you do not care for Obama, since this is the second thread in which you have made your opinions known. Can you offer any other viewpoints on the delay?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota