Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 08:40 AM

27 posts, read 59,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BldrCo View Post
I appreciate you talking about the schools, our son is in 7th grade. We have had a lot of problems here in Colorado with schools. We have changed schools and school districts and had different problems everywhere. So, there are probably issues everywhere, but different types and severity. In our decision making to move to Texas or North Dakota, it seemed like the school situation was great in North Dakota. It's a plus that neither of you will be working outside. From what I have seen, North Dakota is a great place to raise a family and not deal with the "drama" that they have in other states, ie- the gangs and that type if thing. I googled the school districts and checked out the school websites to get a bit of a feel for the schools in North Dakota.
If I were going there, not for the oil industry, I would stay away from Western ND, because it is hard to find a place to live and the schools are really full. Also, I would stay away from the places that have had bad flooding. Bismark looks really nice. In some threads about the oil industry, some people have also posted about moving to Bismark and really like it there.
When my husband and I were in North Dakota, we were surprised that people were so nice to us, everyone we encountered was friendly and helpful. We had an awesome experience. It is said that they are "North Dakota Nice" or "Minnesota Nice", where people are nice to your face and then talk about you behind your back. I have also been told that most people there don't like "making waves" or confrontation. These could be stereo types. There are people from everywhere that act like that, and there are a lot worse behavioral tendencies I encounter in Colorado. I can only say good things about it in North Dakota and overall think it's a great place.

Gosh! if the worse thing is people talking behind our back, well I'll take it! I also checked out the schools website, they look good..so much simpler in a way than what I am used to...the schools are absolutely a huge part of our decision to relocate.
Bismarck is our #1 choice just from what we have researched.
At this point, we are just waiting to hear back on a few jobs, so please keep your fingers crossed for us! Let me know if you and your family decide between Tx or ND..all my best to Y'all!
Have a Merry Christmas!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2011, 09:02 AM

91 posts, read 294,881 times
seems like all the bag eggs from texas are the ones that come up here, because even the texans i work with are loud, belligerent, a-holes. havent had any problems with any other states except for texas.

Old 12-10-2011, 09:20 AM

73 posts, read 202,925 times
Golfer,
Summit energy 2 guys on the oil rigs quit

Old 12-10-2011, 10:35 AM

7 posts, read 22,479 times
I will post when we decide. If we do go to Texas now, we might head to North Dakota next summer, but I can't predict much at this point. I think Bismark is a great choice. Thanks and Good Luck to you and your family!

Old 12-10-2011, 12:48 PM

27 posts, read 59,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boinksters View Post
seems like all the bag eggs from texas are the ones that come up here, because even the texans i work with are loud, belligerent, a-holes. havent had any problems with any other states except for texas.
Well we do like to say everything is bigger in Texas, so unfortunately that sometimes includes our egos:-(...Hate to hear my fellows Texans are making a bad impression.

Old 12-10-2011, 01:45 PM

249 posts, read 645,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalsfinest View Post
Golfer,
Summit energy 2 guys on the oil rigs quit
Thanks socal...!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota