U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 01:04 PM

530 posts, read 644,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave12341234 View Post
I've been looking at cna jobs as well im a cna in wisconsin but there not paying much more in nd than they are in wisconsin. make 11.14 now and I havent seen anything more than 12/hr in western nd, not worth it in my opinion. The sign on bonus i dont think is worth it, its a one time deal.
11.14 isint really accurate....I know thats what they advertise, but if you have more experience its looking like 13-15. I would just apply and see what they offer you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2011, 07:34 PM

52 posts, read 89,840 times
hey dutygal86 - a few questions for you if you would be so kind; what type of housing are they giving your cna friend? apt, motel, man camp? and how much does she pay for it, or does the hospital pay? also, as far as the signing bonus, do you know how long the cna will work there before she gets it? lastly, do you know how much she got for the relocation package you mentioned? thank you much!

Old 02-12-2014, 04:38 PM

1 posts, read 364 times
im moving to southDakota in the summer, can anybody tell me about cna jobs and hourly wage?

Old 02-12-2014, 09:55 PM

17,389 posts, read 21,443,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy2007 View Post
im moving to southDakota in the summer, can anybody tell me about cna jobs and hourly wage?
South Dakota, or North Dakota? Which are you enquiring about?

Old 02-18-2014, 03:02 PM

8,046 posts, read 6,470,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave12341234 View Post
I've been looking at cna jobs as well im a cna in wisconsin but there not paying much more in nd than they are in wisconsin. make 11.14 now and I havent seen anything more than 12/hr in western nd, not worth it in my opinion. The sign on bonus i dont think is worth it, its a one time deal.
The sign on might cover a deposit on a rental that would cost about twice that amount per month, unless they want first, last and security. I wouldn't move to the oil patch unless you'r making big money....The cost of living would eat up any excess. Just my opinion.
Here is a link to Mercy Medical....The only hospital. http://www.mercy-williston.org/

Old 02-24-2014, 07:08 AM

428 posts, read 1,067,602 times
You don't need to be in the oil patch for those type of jobs. Even in Minot they are looking for nurses of all types. Pay is very decent, but look at the cost of living comparing from state to state.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:22 AM

783 posts, read 391,216 times
I understand the allure of moving to the boom town, but realize it's like living in a very cold Saudi Arabia where Americans trade years of their lives in exchange for hefty sums.

There is an "all work" vibe up there which doesn't seem pleasant for your free time.

So please consider elsewhere unless you can visit first to confirm my experience.
Convoys - Williston Sept 2013 (Alexander, North Dakota ) - YouTube

Old 02-28-2014, 11:09 AM

217 posts, read 94,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notoriouskelly View Post
... There is an "all work" vibe up there which doesn't seem pleasant for your free time.
Devil's advocate here.

That's frequently the case, but not universal. Many of the mancamp residents I know are looking forward to hunting and fishing when it warms up.

I'm looking forward to mountain biking some of the back roads and exploring Lewis & Clark sites along the river. Some of that will be biking the river and sites.

Many of them are moving their wives up and even enrolling kids in the school in the small town outside Williston where we live.

It helps that my company supports bringing up the wives and upgrades them from mancamp to actual two-bed apartments.

From what I've heard, these experiences are not typical. I think notoriouskelly is right, perhaps, 60-70% of the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota