U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 11:13 AM

8,394 posts, read 7,474,244 times

Advertisements

Halliburton
Calfrac
Nabors Drilling
Precision Drilling
Pioneer Drilling
Continental Resources
Weatherford
American Casing
Baker Hughes
Ensign
I would also add Key Energy,
Pitman Drilling
Stallion Oilfield (Roustabouts, ect)
Cudd
Frac Tech
Key Energy
You will have to find websites, or call information,
just a list that I have compiled from postings on the forum, you'll have to do your own research re: available jobs, web sites etc. Hope it helps your planning. Maybe check out starting your own cleaning business, get info re; chamber of commerse, Williston business license etc. That way you will be able to work your own hours, and perhaps get more hours, working at multiple co.'s. Don't forget office cleaning at the oil co.'s Good luck my 2cents
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2011, 12:30 PM

13 posts, read 22,096 times
Saw an ad for housekeepers and head housekeeper for MainStay and Extended Stay suites. It is in the Williston Herald "Help Wanted" section.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:51 AM

454 posts, read 521,260 times
On a Minot radio station 910 AM KCJB - Minot's News and Information Station, they are running an ad for this company Zimny Oilfield Services LLC. In their ad, they do list housekeeping positions, the kicker again is going to be housing. I talked to our mailman, who knows some of the gals working for Zimny doing housekeeping, he wasn't sure what they cleaning, whether it was man camps, pumper shacks or what, but he did tell me that most of them are living in the Lansford and surrounding area and carpooling out west each day together. I was actually thinking this might be a great way to make some extra bucks, but the more I thought about it, my life is more valuable than taking the risk of carpooling out west and back everyday, especially with bad winter driving around the corner. But for those that don't mind the drive, it's probably good money for this area.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:41 AM

52 posts, read 96,257 times
sounds good!

Old 03-14-2012, 11:58 PM

155 posts, read 453,547 times
Well I took a look at the Morgan Chase Management website, and I see that they have a laundry list of "supposedly" jobs available (listed below). Yet just reading the various threads in this section and hearing about so many people (living in ND or planning on moving there soon) looking for work currently (March 14, 2012), and my also seeing jobs similar to the ones below STILL currently open on various North Dakota employment agencies websites, it makes me wonder why are these jobs not being filled . . . it would seem just reading what has been said about people moving to ND this year alone looking for these oil rush job opportunities, one would think there should be none to hardly no jobs available there (in the oil rush cities, i.e. Williston). So what up with all of these ads for jobs, yet people that are in ND now looking for work, yet can not find work in the oil rush areas/cities???

Available Positions:
  • Leasing Manager
  • Leasing Agent
  • Leasing Agent (Night)
  • Food Service Production Manager
  • Cashier – Breakfast
  • Cashier – Lunch
  • Cashier – Dinner
  • Grill Cook
  • Sandwich Maker
  • Grill Operator
  • Pizza Operator
  • Deli Operator
  • Down Home Attendant
  • Taste of the Day Attendant
  • Salad Bar Attendant
  • Potato Bar (SS)
  • Food Court Runner
  • Beverage Attendant
  • Dish Wash Operator
  • Utility Staff
  • Dining Service Manager
  • Baker
  • Baker Helper
  • Line Cook
  • Prep Staff
  • Salad Prep & Dessert
  • Manager – General Store
  • Asst Manager
  • Attendant-Day
  • Attendant-Night
  • Laundry Care Supervisor
  • Care Associate – L
  • Housekeeping Care Supervisor
  • Care Associate – H
  • Maintenance Supvervisor
  • Maintenance 1
  • Maintenance 2
  • Manager, Campus Security
  • Security Officer-Day
  • Security Officer-Night

Old 03-15-2012, 07:22 AM

8,394 posts, read 7,474,244 times
Because no one wants those type jobs, they are looking for the oil field wages that have been advertised as $100,000 year. People are not moving here to make 10 dollars an hour, and try to pay the high cost of living expenses that are the "norm" now. You should check some of the other threads, re: housing, and oil related jobs, then you'll figure it out.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:12 AM

Thank you, JanND.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:55 AM

192 posts, read 297,933 times
$1000+/ week, Housekeepers Needed -Tioga, ND | North Dakota Oil Boom Jobs (http://ndjobconnect.blogspot.com/2012/02/1000-week-housekeepers-needed-tioga-nd.html - broken link)

I also saw this add on Craigslist

Old 03-15-2012, 02:14 PM

Scorpio125, thanks for the posting. I had seen an ad on Craigslist last month, announcing there were several such $1,000 per week openings with a company called "Target Logistics". It sounded too good to be true.

Yet it was nice that using the link in that ad I found last month, to find out about the "Target Logistics" company offering such jobs. However upon looking at their website directly, I do not see where they actually list their jobs paying $1,000 per week, all of the job openings I have read so far, list the pay as "Competitive salary". Yet I have seen similar companies offering such jobs for only $10 per hour. Yet on the flipside, if you work 12 hours per day @ $10 per hour for 7 days, then the gross amount would be $840 per week (before taxes). Plus one would be 6 weeks on and 2 weeks off, plus they offer meals and housing included while working on site.

Yet I am going to create a new thread to see if anyone has gotten a job like this with "Target Logistics". Yet it sounds too good to be true in some ways. Again, I would think with the people already in these oil rush cities/areas there already, that they would have snapped-up these jobs by now.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:28 PM

192 posts, read 297,933 times
I am not sure where you looking or how hard. I have the Shopper in hand I see plenty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota