Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 01:35 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times

Advertisements

Laina1980 So glad to see your update! Happy to hear that things are going well. I hope you'll post more often...keep us posted, even if you are in Texas!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 12:48 AM

625 posts, read 1,882,258 times
Unless you have your heart set on being able to say that you work in the oilfield, eastern ND has lots of job openings... Pay may be less than oilfield pay, but living expenses will be waaayyy less. I know the John Deere plant and MALICK,USA here seem to be looking for welders regularly.

I just did a search on jobsnd.com (state jobs service) and statewide there's 91 job descriptions posted representing an estimated 229 positions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigster65 View Post
Does anybody have any thoughts on welding jobs in the Bakken area? I have fifteen years experience, and I've been looking online. But most of the jobs I see don't pay particularly well, or seem to offer much overtime. With the cost of living, I figure I need to make significantly more than I am here in Vegas to make it work. Plus, part of the reason to go there is to be able to do some real saving, it seems.

Lots of stuff I read says you should find a job and housing before you go. Other stuff says it's hard to even find a job unless you're there, and companies won't hire otherwise. So, yeah...I'm confused.

Old 03-22-2013, 06:15 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times
There really is a high cost of living in North East N.D. and plenty of folks out of work. I'd certainly do the research.

Specific to this thread .....forum folks that found oil related jobs, How You Doing??, Updates???
I am hoping the folks that came for oil field jobs will continue to update Us and let us know how you're doing and perhaps some tips and hints for others trying to do the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota