Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 05:29 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,035,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Our news in Grand Forks, N.D. had very little except...A suspect, a 47 year old man is being held in Williams Co. That is the Williston Jail, and that a second suspect, a 22 year old male in Rapid City is being questioned also. That public tips led to the arrests. Yeah, Thanks for doing the right thing!!
There was also earlier news stating that the Barnesville relatives of Sherry Arnold on this side of the state say that while Sherry is presumed deceased, her body has not been found yet. I am thankful that some brave souls turned these folks in to the law. That would probably be very scarey to do, Glad they did. My prayers continue for this family.
Does that mean that one of those guys confessed or told on the other one? I wonder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 06:12 PM

454 posts, read 939,980 times
We have gotten two reports: At noon it was reported that her body was found and she was deceased.
At 5pm it was reported that maybe her body had been found, but the school says they were told this morning at 9:30am she was found deceased. Wouldn't it be wonderful and beyond belief if the reports were wrong and she is alive! I know more than once initial reporting has turned out to be wrong, I hope and pray that is what is happening in this case!

Old 01-13-2012, 07:00 PM

941 posts, read 1,913,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
Will turn my lights on at 9p.m.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:32 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,199,897 times
Porch lights on at my house in Grand Forks, N.D. Prayers for the family.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:17 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,983,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norsk/Deutsch/Polska View Post
When I got the news about Sherry being found dead, I was sick to my stomach. No place is safe anymore, let's face it - those days are gone. I just bought my first handgun in Minot today. While I was in the gun shop purchasing my gun, they were getting call after call in regards to when the next carry/conceal class would be - and it was almost full, 3 slots left - two gals walked in to buy the same gun I was purchasing, they were asking all the same questions as myself and the people calling on the phone. People are fed up with being victims. This was all going on at the store before the announcement of Sherry's body being found. God Bless Sherry, her family and friends. As for the person/persons responsible: They should be hung by the neck until they are DEAD, DEAD, DEAD, (but that ain't gonna happen .)
Very sad news indeed. I agree with you I'd like to see them swing for this crime. I'm for swift quick eye for an eye justice if one is 100 percent certain the parties responsible did the crime. These criminals should be given the same consideration they gave their victim, none. Victim's rights are pretty far down the line from protecting the rights of the criminal. You are right no place safe anymore and I don't think throwing these scum bags in jail for life is any deterrent at all. They have food, a warm place to sleep and free health care, more than they might have on the outside. Perhaps if they knew the community was gonna quickly take their lives they would think a bit more before such random acts of violence. Who are really the prisoners, it seems to me its the honest law abiding citizens who have become the prisoners! One has to wonder if someday everyone will have on a sidearm like in the old west. Think how many crimes like this happen a year in this country, we have really lost something precious. This just sickens me, I feel so sorry for the family. Rest in Peace, Sherry.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:58 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,670,675 times
I believe there is a FB page is you want to let them know where lights are shining...might be some comfort for the family.

Old 01-14-2012, 04:34 AM

Updates, Sherry Arnold.............Unconfirmed tips, that Sherry may have been struck by a vehicle, the men, panic, hid her body. Both men are being detained, 47 year old man in Williston, 22 year old man being questioned in Rapid City
multiple updates on this link,
Friday MT news update KTVQ News (http://www.ktvq.com/videos/q2-5-30-news-1-13-2012/ - broken link)

Old 01-14-2012, 06:47 AM

454 posts, read 939,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Updates, Sherry Arnold.............Unconfirmed tips, that Sherry may have been struck by a vehicle, the men, panic, hid her body. Both men are being detained, 47 year old man in Williston, 22 year old man being questioned in Rapid City
multiple updates on this link,
Friday MT news update KTVQ News (http://www.ktvq.com/videos/q2-5-30-news-1-13-2012/ - broken link)
Thanks for that link JanND! I read through some of the stories regarding Sherry and I still don't see where they have actually found her body. Am I missing something in these stories? Other than the school confirming her death, has any LE agency confirmed it publicly?

Being struck by a vehicle and having the drivers panic and hide the body - that is something that everyone around here has been speculating about since she was first reported missing. If that is indeed what happened, what do you suppose the charges would be against the person or persons who did it? Would it still be murder or would the charge be something less? What if she wasn't dead when they hid her - they just thought she was dead and if they had called for help, maybe she could have been saved?

I agree with todd00, we are starting to go back in time to a place where most law abiding citizens will only feel safe once they have armed themselves and their families. I have began to wonder - at what point in the history of our country did the majority of people stop carrying firearms on their person and start to feel we were safe enough to do so?

Old 01-14-2012, 06:52 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,670,675 times
Maybe we do not want to speculate, might cause more pain for the family.

Old 01-14-2012, 07:20 AM

NDP, I think that they are hoping to find that out from talking to these 2 "suspects" men. I got the same sense you did, that they really don't know yet, or aren't ready to say. And, another thing, the authorities may not want to make any sort of statement about the "where" until they are able to bring Sherry home. I could imagine there might be folks that could destroy evidence if they even started looking at a location area. MT7 has a good point, I will say this, this is a bad situation, and the family is in my prayers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota