U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 08:19 AM

454 posts, read 812,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
Maybe we do not want to speculate, might cause more pain for the family.
Great point, my apologies to anyone who may have been offended by my speculations. I cannot fathom what Sherrys family, friends, and all who knew her personally must be experiencing during this time. Prayers for all involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2012, 08:43 AM

15,824 posts, read 18,434,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norsk/Deutsch/Polska View Post
Great point, my apologies to anyone who may have been offended by my speculations. I cannot fathom what Sherrys family, friends, and all who knew her personally must be experiencing during this time. Prayers for all involved.
Mt7, it was a good reminder. NDP...No problem, I have speculated to, I apologize too. We are/have all speculated to some extent, never intending any harm to family, more worrying about the poor family and their friends and community. In states like ours this type of unusual situation rocks us all. You can't be from the upper Midwest and not feel concern for almost any crime that happens. Sendng prayers to all

Old 01-14-2012, 10:16 AM

6,258 posts, read 12,585,763 times
Keep those porch lights on... Maybe it will give us all something to contribute. Thanks for your good neighborly understanding.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:08 PM

4,731 posts, read 9,081,168 times
Just saw this on Billings TV station website...

Two men charged with aggravated kidnapping in Sherry Arnold case | KTVQ.com | Q2 | Billings, Montana

Few details are being released as investigation is on-going.... two men being held in Williston

Old 01-14-2012, 12:37 PM

18,856 posts, read 30,440,508 times
Well, I am glad they caught someone, it would have been very unsettling for many in that area if there had been no conclusion. Interesting that they are not saying much.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:15 PM

6,258 posts, read 12,585,763 times
Default Condolence page for Sherry Arnold

http://www.americanfunerals.net//funeraldetails.php?id=31 (broken link)

Old 01-15-2012, 05:04 AM

MT7 Thank you so much for starting the MT page for Sherry Arnold, and for keeping this ND page updated. We appreciate your caring, and I for one am so sorry that these folks are evidently from N.D. area. This is such a sad situation, and so many people have been concerned for this obviously very respected and loved woman, wife, mother, teacher....I think for me it is just so heartbreaking, my own Daughter is 41. This poor lady's story just hits home for so many of us. My condolences to the Family. Keeping my porch light on......

Old 01-15-2012, 06:46 AM

Sidney Mayor "seems to blame oil field workers for for Sherry Arnold's death".. contains several news videos throughout the search.
Montana Mayor Seems to Blame Oil Workers in Death of Missing Teacher - ABC News

Last edited by JanND; 01-15-2012 at 06:50 AM.. Reason: update info

Old 01-15-2012, 09:32 AM

27 posts, read 50,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Jones View Post
This makes me sick to my stomach. The reason I fell in love with North Dakota and Montana was that it was an escape from the vile scum that inhabit such a large chuck of the nation. Being outdoors in wide open spaces gives me a sense of peace that can never be had in a the middle of a bustling city. My wife on the other hand has a different view of rural life and thinks that being in a small town or isolated area is somehow risky. I use to laugh at her and tell that the bears and mountain lions are more of a threat out here than the people. I guess that is no longer true. I'd be curious if these suspects are locals or imports. I guess 40 below is no longer keeping the riff raff out.

Here in America we have a CRIMINAL'S JUSTICE SYSTEM...NOT victims' justice..wonder how many of these horrific incidents we will hear about before that might possibly change..
May the Lord bless this family, and provide his perfect wisdom and sweet comfort.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:51 AM

2,707 posts, read 5,169,852 times
[Mod cut]
To the original subject, I have to say I find myself hoping they hit her with their vehicle. Joggers get hit with cars. That just happens, unfortunately.
Now, obviously in this case, they should be jailed for manslaughter at the very least because not only did they not try to find help, but they hid the evidence...

But at least it wouldn't be something scary and evil like people have been imagining...

Last edited by ElkHunter; 01-15-2012 at 01:51 PM.. Reason: Hijacking the thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or