Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 10:49 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,199,897 times

Advertisements

Please keep Sherry Arnold and her family in your prayers. Any updates please share.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 11:17 AM

477 posts, read 1,506,280 times
I don't want to speculate too much, but a friend talked to a relative of Sherry Arnold's and it appears to be not what we have all been thinking. I don't want to say exactly and add to rumors or as I said speculation, but it could be a local just as well as an outsider/outstater. I am glad they know for sure that is she dead instead of being in limbo, but I just can't imagine what the family is going through, just horrible and disgusting.

Old 01-15-2012, 12:37 PM

[Mod cut]

FYI...Not to be disrespectful to anyone......but...We are not speculating by agreement out of respect for Mrs. Arnold, the deceased and her family and friends. I take issue w/ Mrs. Arnold being called......evidence. Lets please keep our comments respectful, and on topic. I have also started a new thread since reading the interest folks have shared re: guns, and self protection from all the "scarey evil things" that are occuring in the places where we live. I invite everyone to comment there at "Ladies of Western N.D., Eastern M.T........

Last edited by ElkHunter; 01-15-2012 at 01:55 PM.. Reason: Orphaned quote removed

Old 01-15-2012, 01:13 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,670,675 times
Default thank you

Jan, good point, we are keeping the family in our thoughts and will post information as is accurate an available.

This is a human being we are discussing here, let's honor her memory and protect it and her family. Thank you.

Old 01-15-2012, 03:03 PM

Well it still what it is and a crime has happened and we as a people have the right to know what has happened and I don't mean any disrespect either, but I am just saying that it is wrong to blame out of staters or the oil patch for what has happened. Why we can't discuss the evidence and the surrounding circumstances is beyond me and I don't want to be ignorant myself, but if we don't discuss certain details that would only put us behind in the generality of educating ourselves so something like this can be prevented in the future.

Why she went missing, how she went missing, and if she was found is on topic in my books.

We can all agree it's a tragic event to have unfolded for everyone and even those that did not know her.

Old 01-15-2012, 03:33 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,035,430 times
If we can't discuss what happened, this thread should be closed, and leave it at that.

Old 01-15-2012, 03:42 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
If we can't discuss what happened, this thread should be closed, and leave it at that.
You can discuss what happend. What is stopping that? The problem is, speculation doesn't have any room as of yet. The best thing that can be done is wait for more reports to come in on what happened and then discuss it.

Old 01-15-2012, 03:58 PM

Colorado men held in death of Montana teacher - US news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

Also my apologies for my last comment, if it offended anyone.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:37 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,982,518 times
After more facts are released then I don't see why people can't discuss the case. I really don't think anyone here would purposely be insensitive to the suffering parties. Right now not a lot is being said and naturally people wonder about it. I think its best to keep speculation to a minimum until more facts are released. I too thought that if out of state people were involved in this crime, the attitude toward new people to the area might be less welcoming on the whole. I can see why people would feel that way at least to some degree as the sanctity of their small safe community has been broken.

I think it might be a good idea if the town helped set up some self defense classes for adults and kids. Kids can't be getting permits to carry and they are often the ones abducted, some good self defense training through the schools might ease the minds of parents in the area. It can often be quite effective.

Old 01-15-2012, 07:18 PM

BroncoGirl, Thanks for this update, I also posted it on the MT thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota