Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 09:10 AM

125 posts, read 258,928 times

Advertisements

Hey Ktrone, looking forward to more updates on the road and as you get settled in N.D.

They have free blogs at myopera.com too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2012, 07:19 AM

53 posts, read 322,980 times
Good Morning, Everyone...back on the road we spent the night at Sious Falls, SD...we are officailly on the last leg of our trip (driving anyway, lots of other stuff to do) We are very excited even for the weather change it has been up in the 80's all the way to SD and our air in the truck isn't working. We have 454 miles to drive. My husband is disappointed he can't find fur lined steel toed flip flops being from florida you know. For those of you who would like to see pictures I haven't figured out how to post pics from my phone to my laptop yet.

As Always, many thanks to those who post and send encouragement and prayers our way.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:34 AM

2 posts, read 4,744 times
Great posts! With three jobs lined up I am guessing your husband is a driver with experience. Is that right?

I am just starting to plan my move to ND. I have lots to do before I can even think of moving. I have a few contacts that are already in the Williston. I plan to learn from them what I can do to get a job and possible housing lined up.

Old 03-31-2012, 10:57 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,099,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrone10011 View Post
Good Morning, Everyone...back on the road we spent the night at Sious Falls, SD...we are officailly on the last leg of our trip (driving anyway, lots of other stuff to do) We are very excited even for the weather change it has been up in the 80's all the way to SD and our air in the truck isn't working. We have 454 miles to drive. My husband is disappointed he can't find fur lined steel toed flip flops being from florida you know. For those of you who would like to see pictures I haven't figured out how to post pics from my phone to my laptop yet.

As Always, many thanks to those who post and send encouragement and prayers our way.
Well you can always ask a phone co. But I think it involves a usb, or emailing them to yourself.
Anyway, Sioux Falls is a drive away from Williston, but you should be there in afternoon. Would really enjoy your posting your impressions. Have a nice trip.

Old 03-31-2012, 11:00 AM

18,700 posts, read 41,910,995 times
Quote:

If you have texting on your phone, simply attach your photo to a txt and send it to your email. Then on your laptop you can save it and be able to post.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:23 PM

53 posts, read 322,980 times
Hey there everyone, we are here. Camper is parked, went to get food...we drove all day because we wanted to be here in the daylight...the point being we were famished. I have to say I am wound tight, thankful that we made it, nervous because it is a change, but excited for the change as well. My poor little dog is really confused and our little camper is tiny. Lots to adjust to but with the best possible attitude we can both have...No Negativety allowed.

I have a face-to-face interview tomorrow and the possibility of another one lined up. My husband has to make a contact tomorrow as well. I will keep everyone posted on the events as they unfold.

Once again, many many thanks to all of you well wishers for your encouragement, information and prayers it has been a huge comfort for my husband and myself.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:35 PM

477 posts, read 1,504,373 times
Quote:
Hey there everyone, we are here. Camper is parked, went to get food...we drove all day because we wanted to be here in the daylight...the point being we were famished. I have to say I am wound tight, thankful that we made it, nervous because it is a change, but excited for the change as well. My poor little dog is really confused and our little camper is tiny. Lots to adjust to but with the best possible attitude we can both have...No Negativety allowed.

I have a face-to-face interview tomorrow and the possibility of another one lined up. My husband has to make a contact tomorrow as well. I will keep everyone posted on the events as they unfold.

Once again, many many thanks to all of you well wishers for your encouragement, information and prayers it has been a huge comfort for my husband and myself.
Glad you made it safe and sound, hope you get some rest before your interview.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:35 AM

Quote:

You have a face to face on a Sunday??? They must want you badly. Hope you get a chance to look around....

Last edited by JanND; 04-01-2012 at 07:41 AM.. Reason: n/a

Old 04-01-2012, 08:16 AM

54 posts, read 114,216 times
the hubbys view of the trip
we had a really nice ride of 2320 miles from south of Fort Myers, Florida to Minot, North Dakota pulling a 4000 lb. trailer with a dodge nitro we got an average 12 miles to the gallon. Had a few white knuckle experiances and a few wrong turns just had to turn the map right side up for the wife but all in all it was a beautiful trip. We left florida on wed. around 11 am and got to minot sat. at 7:30 p.m. just before sunset and got the trailer unhooked and setup the wife informed me that the trailer was out of level and I had to get out the 6 ft. level LOL. After we got all setup we went into town for somthing to eat not much difefrent than traffic in south fla. We road around checking things out and got lost or sightseeing as i call it. Glad to be here can't wait to get our life adventure started in N.D. thanks for everyone's help, blessings and encouragement.

A

Old 04-01-2012, 08:21 AM

Welcome to North Dakota....Nice post, hope you both find what you are seeking. keep us updated...Jan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota