U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2012, 12:10 PM

98 posts, read 307,049 times

Advertisements

Rockford is handing out gold I love this guy.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 04:03 PM

155 posts, read 677,421 times
RockfordNativenowSeattle, thank you so much once again for such good and detailed feedback. You ROCK!!!!!!!

That is some GREAT and AWESOME advice that you just provided. With Halliburton needing 8 people now , that would be great if Mentalmark could snap-up one of those open positions right away!

Based on what you told me about Frack almost 2 weeks ago, I already know that is not for me. Yet I hope that Mentalmark makes it work for him.

Since I’m still mulling over the COA job, I really am pretty much open to going to any state to get the job. Yet out of curiosity, what changed in your application process “before you became desperate” vs. “after you became desperate”? Though I know that you got 6 rejection letters from Halliburton, but what changed in your application/application process that you think landed you a job with them and not getting a rejection letter for the job you have with them now? Since you enlightened me to Halliburton almost two weeks ago, I see that they have “entry level” jobs in various states, and it looks like you have to apply for each open position individually (i.e. state by state THEN city by city). Yet it seems that there was at least one thing that you did "when you became desperate” that landed you a job . . . so that is what I would like to know what was that “magic” thing you did to land your job? Though I do not want to move away from Los Angeles and go live and work in another state , however I really am open to doing so, as long as I can find a good job with good benefits, where housing is not an issue.

Yet I recall that you did say that you basically submitted one application to a Texas Halliburton location, and they pretty much contacted you right away? So it could be that with you trying your luck in Texas (thought you did not want to go live or work there), is that how you basically landed your job?

Thus far RockfordNativenowSeattle, are you liking Texas enough to stay there past your 6 months or do you plan on trying to apply or transfer to work in another state for Halliburton?

Old 03-26-2012, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headed2northdakota View Post
Rockford is handing out gold I love this guy.
I agree 100% with you, Headed2northdakota! I think that RockfordNativenowSeattle should write a book!

Old 03-26-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abenaki View Post
Hello,

Great info thanks! The level of detail is amazing. I'm thinking on giving it a shot in the next few weeks up there in Williston, ND. I'm currently living in Mongolia, though American. I have a small transportation company here, but business is dead. I've provided service to the US Marines and Army when they visit to train the Mongolian Army. But, my company is just to small. Anyway I miss the good old USA!

In the past I've owned a restaurant here, and taught English. Previously in the states (AZ, MD) I sold manufactured homes, cars, etc.

The question: What can I do in ND? And where can I live. I want to be able to bring my Mongolian wife and baby there with-in the next 6 months.

I have a BA in Anthropology, with a minor in International business. I'm 35 years old.

Thanks,
Sarge
Abenaki, good luck to you and your family. Yet it is too bad that you could not come to ND sooner (i.e. after the Spring Thaw of 2012). That way you can enjoy the better weather and hopefully get settled and find work before the cold & bad snowy fall and winter weather returns.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:30 PM

15,824 posts, read 18,434,141 times
I think you guys should consider the information you've gotten and act on it.
Some of the answers you seek just involve reading the various threads.
Now, go apply using all the things you've learned and update us after and you can help some folks then too.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:48 PM

15,824 posts, read 18,434,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalmark View Post
Unfortunately, you have not been chosen to move forward in the selection process at
this time. This decision was based on application review and/or your responses to
specific application questions.

I put in 14 applications at Haliburton. I have received about 8 rejection emails so far. I am a master at answering these questionnaires and I know exactly what they want to hear. I do not have a whole lot of job experience and no CDL, so that is why they don't want to take a chance on me. Now it's time to seek out another company because it is obvious Haliburton wants nothing to do with me.
Well, do the math...there are still 6 that haven't been responded to yet. You never know. Keep trying. Get a CDL permit, it'smefred suggested it is just a written test, before the CDL, like many wise folks have said....you may luck out and get on a company willing to train you.
But, these jobs are going fast, folks taking several weeks to even apply are losing ground imo

Old 03-26-2012, 07:08 PM

98 posts, read 307,049 times
Some of those 8 spots rockford spoke of are filled now but more will be open s

Old 03-27-2012, 10:47 AM

192 posts, read 440,928 times
"I am a master at answering these questionnaires and I know exactly what they want to hear. I do not have a whole lot of job experience and no CDL, so that is why they don't want to take a chance on me. Now it's time to seek out another company because it is obvious Haliburton wants nothing to do with me."

I too have little experience and no CDL. I have received one rejection from Halliburton out of 9 apps. Maybe try not being a "Master" and answer the questions honestly. Also just out of curiosity what questions?

Most of them are driving record, age, race, cdl, convictions, work history, etc... not too much to "master" there.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:16 PM

2 posts, read 6,403 times
Does anyone know what the starting wages for frac jobs with Cal Frac is? Benefits? Thanks

Old 03-28-2012, 07:26 PM

4 posts, read 12,522 times
I have the CDL book and will look it over the next couple days and reapply, I just hope I am not wasting my time. I don't really see how I will stand out with a permit, once I get it, I will still have zero driving experience. But I guess it's worth a shot, as there are no jobs in Rockford. ( Yup, I live in Rockford too)

And to whoever posted I should apply at Pampa,TX, I did and was rejected last week. I will try again when I get my permit. Haliburton is just one company though, any recommendations on other companies? Someone mentioned Schlumberger, but I can't find any jobs there that are entry-level.

Last edited by mentalmark; 03-28-2012 at 07:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota