U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 03:28 AM

25 posts, read 187,886 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if there are any crane or rig operator trainee jobs? I saw that Halliburton had one on indeed.com, but when I went to the company website, I couldn't find the listing. My husband would do well at this I think, because he's operated most all heavy equipment safely for years now, and he has had his CDL for years too. Do they hire crane operators or riggers much? Anyone know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 05:48 AM

154 posts, read 369,739 times
Borsheim Crane in Williston, also Sterling Crane - they have an office in Williston but work all over the country. I know Sterling was looking for riggers recently. Lots of hours.

Old 03-14-2012, 06:46 AM

477 posts, read 1,398,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinj View Post
Borsheim Crane in Williston, also Sterling Crane - they have an office in Williston but work all over the country. I know Sterling was looking for riggers recently. Lots of hours.
I know the guys that run the cranes at both places, I can ask if they have a training program, but I don't think they do. Good money for sure just don't think a lot of people are cut out for it.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:40 AM

154 posts, read 369,739 times
Me too and you're right, no training program, just throw you out there and see if you can handle it. No housing to my knowledge - should mention that. Both pretty good companies though. The old ball and chain has been known to do some rigging for Sterling on his days off.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:11 AM

LOL, the old ball and chain, lol, love that! I do believe Sterling could possibly have some housing coming up, or a place to park campers. I might know you then if you know some of the people too

Old 03-14-2012, 12:35 PM

Default Hourly Rate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinj View Post
Does anyone have any idea how much riggers/crane operators make an hour?

Old 03-14-2012, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncogirl View Post
I know the guys that run the cranes at both places, I can ask if they have a training program, but I don't think they do. Good money for sure just don't think a lot of people are cut out for it.
That would be great! I'd sure appreciate it. More options is always a good thing. *G*

Hey, I was wondering if you have noticed something...have you noticed that the trucking companies are beginning to offer less pay per hour? Are they beginning to get glutted with applicants? Also, I thought maybe I noticed they are using not having oilfield experience as a means of bartering down their hourly offerings.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:24 PM

16,019 posts, read 19,703,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogonorth View Post
Does anyone know if there are any crane or rig operator trainee jobs? I saw that Halliburton had one on indeed.com, but when I went to the company website, I couldn't find the listing. My husband would do well at this I think, because he's operated most all heavy equipment safely for years now, and he has had his CDL for years too. Do they hire crane operators or riggers much? Anyone know?
Check the thread I put up today...I believe this company does.
Mitchell's Oil Field Service

Old 03-16-2012, 10:33 PM

1,928 posts, read 4,634,004 times
Several months ago I spoke with one of the guys at Borsheim Crane about these positions. He said that you need to be a certified crane operator and take a test to get the certification.

Old 03-17-2012, 10:41 AM

Well I talked to one crane operator from Sterling Crane and he said same thing as HighPlainsDrifter73, you have to be certified already to be hired on as a crane operator. It's not an easy job, but pretty intense and can be high stress too from what I have seen and heard from others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota