Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2012, 08:42 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,211,406 times

Advertisements

Hey All, Sometimes we get so caught up in the Bad news, that we neglect to share some fun experiences and stories.
Just to lighten the mood I wanted to share an experience that I was reminded of by another thread.

Most of you know that I was once an oil field wife, so while it's been awhile, I was married for 10 yrs to a very hardworking guy, that still is in Oil.

Here's my funny story.....My Hubby and I lived in So. Calif., Elk Hills area. My Hubby was working in Eli Nevada, for a few mths, (steam) if anyone has been there you know what I mean when I say it is the middle of nowhere.

Well, we were expecting our new baby that fall, kids were out of school so we decided that I'd come w/ from our home in calif for a couple of his stints 2 weeks on, 2 off.

We renting a little old run down house, and while it wasn't a great place it was all we could find.

Doesn't have to be about oil....Share a funny life experience....

So, we visited the first time, had a decent time, loved the little old time downtown area w/ the old fashioned soda shop, love me some lime ricky's.

Went back the second stint, Drillers wife came to visit. That is when I was informed that the little house I was living in front of was the local Red Light house. Boy was I ****-- off. Evidently my hubby neglected to tell me this, of course knowing I'd never agree to come there.

Needless to say that was the last time I went w/. to Nevada. That was the year before we moved lock, stock and barrel back to my hubby's home state of N.D. in the middle of the 80's boom.

Ok, now share your funny stories....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 05:45 PM

454 posts, read 940,173 times
HeeHee! Thanks for the chuckle . Nothing is popping into my head at the moment - I might be back later with something, brain fog.............................

Old 03-14-2012, 07:08 PM

54 posts, read 114,453 times
Ok try this this morning when i was walking the dog it was 68 and i frozz my butt off lol

a

Old 03-17-2012, 10:59 AM

154 posts, read 412,871 times
More weird than funny but I got a call this morning from a Mississippi area code - guy calls me by name, says he's up here working in Waterford (which is in Michigan people - it's Watford) and asks if I would be willing to sell him some land. I was so flabbergasted I didn't even think to ask him where he got my name, I just said no and hung up. Think one of my friends is having a little fun with me because anybody who knows me knows I'm not sellin' nothin' lol. Pretty sure I know who's behind it though so let the games begin.
My sister in law and I were talking about how hard it can be to be nice to people sometimes. She was waiting on a man who spouted off at length about what a craphole this area is, the weather, scenery, restaurants, people, etc. She has people lining up behind him to be waited on so she decided it was time to shut him down. She told him well I guess I don't care if you go back home and eat dirt. Could have heard a pin drop in the post office right then I guess

Old 03-20-2012, 07:28 PM

443 posts, read 806,271 times
I noticed the thread about the pepper spray party which reminded me of a story my brother told me- He was flying fire fighters by helicopter for the U.S. Forest Service in AK. The fire fighters were young guys from all over the country, the Forest Service provided bear spray for their defense when dropped on remote beaches near forest fires. Anyway- my brother claims that after dropping off a crew, he observed one individual rolling around on the beach in agony. He radioed the crew and was informed that the individual had applied his bear spray as most of us would use mosquito spray- he thought it was a repellant.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:59 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,211,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursa22 View Post
I noticed the thread about the pepper spray party which reminded me of a story my brother told me- He was flying fire fighters by helicopter for the U.S. Forest Service in AK. The fire fighters were young guys from all over the country, the Forest Service provided bear spray for their defense when dropped on remote beaches near forest fires. Anyway- my brother claims that after dropping off a crew, he observed one individual rolling around on the beach in agony. He radioed the crew and was informed that the individual had applied his bear spray as most of us would use mosquito spray- he thought it was a repellant.
Ooooooooowwwwww! Poor Guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota