Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 04:43 PM

454 posts, read 940,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I totally agree w/ you BroncoGirl....Stay safe!! Yep, it isn't Williston anymore as we knew it. It is what has become of Williston. A cryin shame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncogirl View Post

Exactly right on!

Also, sirens and gun shots are getting to be more frequent than I want to admit around Williston and in town. The Williston Herald don't report accurately and sure as heck not what is really happening here with accidents, crimes, and other now everyday occurances.

Right in town yesterday a car blew a stop sign and hit a SUV causing the SUV to roll and need the jaws of life to get the two that were left in the vehicle. A motorcylist was killed right in town the other week when a woman failed to yield. A guy stole a pickup from Williston and drove recklessly to Watford City and ended up rolling at a high speed in the town right by Kum-N-Go where the pickup started on fire and a bystander rescued the crazy guy.

Every day more and more things are getting really crazy around these parts.
Good Grief, sounds like it's a complete mess there - be careful Broncogirl!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2012, 05:21 PM

2,707 posts, read 6,233,521 times
Quote:
totaled it out and of course the guy had no insurance so I am sol.
It has been YEARS since I was even offered the option of car insurance that didn't include insurance against the uninsured/underinsured.
I'm surprised to find it's still out there, actually... Since it's obviously not a standard part of your coverage, you might want to consider adding uninsured/underinsured coverage!

Old 05-04-2012, 07:13 PM

477 posts, read 1,506,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norsk/Deutsch/Polska View Post
Good Grief, sounds like it's a complete mess there - be careful Broncogirl!!
Thanks Norsk, well it's kind of wacked because it's like some people just have a total disregard for the laws of the road. People are still going through red lights 2 to 3 at a time after it's turned red, you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsMeFred View Post
It has been YEARS since I was even offered the option of car insurance that didn't include insurance against the uninsured/underinsured.
I'm surprised to find it's still out there, actually... Since it's obviously not a standard part of your coverage, you might want to consider adding uninsured/underinsured coverage!
Hmm, well a little too late for me, haha, however, never heard of it. Interesting though, I will have to ask my sister if we have that option in ND yet, she is an insurance agent so she should know.

Old 05-04-2012, 07:22 PM

2,707 posts, read 6,233,521 times
I guarantee it's available and has been for quite a few years...

If I'm not mistaken ND is like most states in that your required insurance coverage includes uninsured/under insured for liability (that is, injury), but whether you have the "full coverage" type varies.

Old 05-04-2012, 07:27 PM

454 posts, read 940,367 times
Broncogirl - it sounds like a dangerous place to be, thank goodness it's not winter anymore and at least the roads aren't slippery! Definitely check with your sister on what you need, she will know for sure how to help you!
I used to work for an insurance agency a few years back and here is what I remember from back then:
As for insurance paying for damages to the vehicle caused by an uninsured or under insured driver, they don't.

Insurance for uninsured motorist or under insured motorist pays for injuries or the death of people in the insured's vehicle, or the persons in a vehicle that the insured may hit. In this case I don't believe it applies, as the vehicle was unattended.

If a person wants protection for the vehicle damages caused by an uninsured or under insured motorist, they need to purchase additional coverage, such as uninsured motorist property damage (UMPD) coverage or possibly the insured's collision policy may cover it.

But again, check with your sis - it's awesome for you to have family in the insurance biz!

Old 05-04-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsMeFred View Post
I guarantee it's available and has been for quite a few years...

If I'm not mistaken ND is like most states in that your required insurance coverage includes uninsured/under insured for liability (that is, injury), but whether you have the "full coverage" type varies.
Oh are you meaning full coverage then and not some additional insurance in addition to plain liability?

I have full coverage on my newer car, but this was an older SUV so I just did the liability insurance on it with comprehensive for the windshield replacement. Around here expect to be replacing your windshields more than usual.

So yes, at least liability is required by law, however, it seems like people who don't have it and get in accidents, when it's their fault still get away with it except for the fine. Hard to sue someone that disappears or dont' have anyting.

Old 05-04-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norsk/Deutsch/Polska View Post
Broncogirl - it sounds like a dangerous place to be, thank goodness it's not winter anymore and at least the roads aren't slippery! Definitely check with your sister on what you need, she will know for sure how to help you!
I used to work for an insurance agency a few years back and here is what I remember from back then:
As for insurance paying for damages to the vehicle caused by an uninsured or under insured driver, they don't.

Insurance for uninsured motorist or under insured motorist pays for injuries or the death of people in the insured's vehicle, or the persons in a vehicle that the insured may hit. In this case I don't believe it applies, as the vehicle was unattended.

If a person wants protection for the vehicle damages caused by an uninsured or under insured motorist, they need to purchase additional coverage, such as uninsured motorist property damage (UMPD) coverage or possibly the insured's collision policy may cover it.

But again, check with your sis - it's awesome for you to have family in the insurance biz!

I am really glad we had a mild winter, missed the snow, but still glad whew

LOl, I am giving her a little down time, she is/everyone is so swamped with work and she had a bad day. Will be asking her later, she has been an agent for over 12 years now. Time flies that is for sure.

Thanks for the info though, makes sense to me and sounds right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota