U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2012, 10:42 PM

47 posts, read 71,359 times

Advertisements

I am 46 and a health care professional. I currently live in western Ky, where I spent most of my life. I did attend a grad program at UND and really enjoyed my time in ND. Our boys are graduating high school and want to attend UND, so we are considering a move in part so help them while in school and partly because I like a cooler climate than here in Ky. I'm not sure how difficult it will be to find a job or how salaries differ from here. We would also want to buy a house that has about 5-10 acres so I can garden and train with my lab (we are avid waterfowl hunters as well as deer hunting and fishing). Does anyone have any insight about homes with acreage for sale and health care practitioner opportunities? I'm sure there are plenty of places to hunt and fish. We would want to be on the outskirts of town and do not want to rent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 11:35 PM

741 posts, read 1,483,399 times
What kind of health care? PT, MD, nursing? All of them are in huge demand, but housing is a probel in the west.

Old 05-19-2012, 06:08 AM

I am a Physician Assistant. I am currently working in an Orthopaedic office, but also have ER experience and Surgery. I think I want to stay east like in the Fargo, Grand Forks areas but would consider other locales if I found a good job and could buy a house with small acreage.

Old 05-19-2012, 06:53 AM

15,824 posts, read 18,446,953 times
Do the typical job search. PA's are in demand in the rural small towns. I think you'll find what you want. I would start by checking all the small town hospital/nursing homes. When I was a Dept. Head in a small hospital/nursing home our PA was there more than the Doctor. You'll surely find something. I would check North Dakota ND Nursing Home Grades and Hospitals You will be interested in one that has a great state rating....The other thing...Have you checked the VA Hospitals.....There has been vast improvements and implementation of programs due to the Newest generation of Veterans. Fargo has a great VA Hospital....Grand Forks has a small satellite office.....althought there have been rumors of a real VA hospital....who knows when. All Veterans Hospital jobs in North Dakota, USA with one search | VeteransHospitalJobs.org The house will be easy....depends where you move. Lots of small town realtors.

Old 05-19-2012, 09:17 AM

231 posts, read 771,913 times
I'd go to Indeed.com and do some searches in the areas you like.

Minot, Williston and Dickinson are all looking for PA's, you might have a problem finding acreage however. I think Sanford Health in Fargo is advertising also.

I see that there are current openings in Huron SD, Bemidji MN, and Miles City, MT. They would all fit your bill and you should be able to find affordable acreage nearby.

Old 05-19-2012, 11:25 AM

Thank you for the responses and suggestions. I enjoyed my time in ND when I went to school at UND. I will do some more research.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota