U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2012, 04:29 PM

741 posts, read 1,494,192 times

Advertisements

Never thought I'd see the day when Surrey would grow to 10,000 people.

Development could multiply Surrey population - MinotDailyNews.com | News, sports, business, jobs - Minot Daily News

Annexations to Burlington (north of Minot) may add 5000 people there.

Burlington faces major growth - MinotDailyNews.com | News, sports, business, jobs - Minot Daily News

Berthold, to the west of Minot, will also be getting a major development of 2000 homes over five years.

Kenmare ND Features
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 12:11 AM

73 posts, read 151,084 times
WOW is all I can say. I never thought Surrey would ever get that big. I Loved that quiet paced, gravel street, tiny lil out post of Minot. It was more a bedroom community because there was not really any stores there ever besides a gas station - post office, churches and couple bars. My sister lived there for years, she is buried there because she said she always thought it would be a nice quiet little place. The church she is buried behind has become a home and now it seems the nice little quiet place will not be quiet any longer, if the population goes up 10 fold.

I wonder what the tiny school will do to keep up with that growth of population?

Old 08-23-2012, 09:52 AM

431 posts, read 1,457,293 times
For the school, there will be another elementary school added in the new addition. By the time this addition is finished, there should be about 1000 new home units in north Surrey. The new lumberyard should be completed before winter sets in.

Old 08-24-2012, 01:16 PM
JGS

15 posts, read 26,231 times
There companies should look at the opportunity in Grand Forks and the housing shortage here.

Old 09-29-2014, 02:58 PM

350 posts, read 474,779 times
I've seen some of this construction going up over the last year. In Burlington now as well. Anyone have updates on if the expected volume of houses is staying the same, or if we can expect to see an influx of people to these areas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota