Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2012, 07:12 PM

7 posts, read 13,564 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to relocate to North Dakota to get and oil field job. I wan't to be specific here I'm only looking for advice and help on landing a entry-level job. I've searched jobsnd.com and it doesnt really seem to have that many opening for entrylevel positions. Where can I find employers that are looking to hire or fill entry- level postions for oil related jobs? I've been doing alot of research about north dakota oil field jobs and according to the articles you read it seems there would be many postions open alot of companies to the point of employers begging for workers. Well that whats i get from some of the articles ive read. I even looked up companies and called asking about openings like: wyoming casing, Nabors, percison drilling and no openings. Wyoming casing told me that when there did the last hiring that they were picking up people with at least a year under there belt. Funny cuz my uncle and cousin both worked for them a year ago with no expierence. SO where can I find a company that will hire with no expierence? Can someone please send me in the right direction. Please I don't want information about the weather, housing, price on ****

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 04:20 AM

175 posts, read 459,794 times
Read my thread and you'll learn exactly what I did to get my job. (click my name -> click stats tab _ click 'find all threads by robine') Quite frankly I can't say very much because it seems you really haven't looked very hard as far as gathering info. There's lots of info on this forum. All you have to do is search.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:54 AM

3,663 posts, read 8,663,868 times
There are companies that are hiring, except people don't want to tell others who is hiring, fear is a big reason. There is a huge turnover in this line of work and people get replaced all the time, nobody wants to give their possible replacement information on how to replace them.
Keep looking, they are hiring, try Baker Hughes, Pure Energy, Halliburton or Bakken.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:49 PM

7 posts, read 13,564 times
Default company driving record requirements

Are most companies in North Dakota very strict on a clean driving record for 3 years? I not seeking a trucking job. I got a DUI almost two years ago Will I still be able to get a entry level high paying job?

Old 10-30-2012, 05:46 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,209,320 times
check this thread along w/ robione's advice and reading lots of the other threads, even old ones have plenty of good job info..COMMUNITY JOB Links, Websites & resources:Add your's as you discover new resources... ( 1 2 3 4 5)
Just apply...each company may be different regarding past criminal charges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota