U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-29-2012, 05:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,104 times

Advertisements

Here very soon I might be moving to Ross, ND for a job. Im in a very bad place in my life right now, and I HAVE to move and get a job. But my situation is sensitive. I have looked for DAYS trying to find some kind of housing, either House for rent, apartments, Community housing, Lofts, 1 bedrooms, etc and I cant not find ANY.
I need to find a house/apartment/loft/etc meeting the following requirements: (Some can be negotiated)
Monthly rent at or below $750/month
First month free rent OR No requirement to pay first 2 months rent up front
IN Ross, ND OR Within a 30-35 min drive of.
ALLOWS PETS (NOT OPTIONAL)

I do not even care if this is a 1 Bedroom, 1 bath, a small loft, in an attic, in a basement, or with a roomate.
Im really not that picky, but Im at the point where im almost willing to pack my tent and go sleep in the woods, so PLEASE if anyone can help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2012, 08:31 PM

38 posts, read 53,742 times
Best bet at your budget is to buy a travel trailer/rv and tow/drive it up here. You can park an rv with full hook ups for $700 a month. It will be a challenge, but it's doable.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:18 PM

73 posts, read 86,572 times
Hi,
I am not sure who you have applied for in Ross ND. But have you asked your employeer about providing houseing?

I know Missouri Basin hires in that area and I read on other posts that they do of did in the past provide housing for sevearal months to their employees.

Housing is nearly impossible to find and what there is is very costly. Ross ND itself is a very teeny town located in oil country(population 97 in last census). Another town located about 10 miles from Ross is Stanley ND. They are a bit bigger(around 1500 at the last census), but have also heard there is not much available either there for rentals. Stanley, ND* If you click on the business link it will bring up a listing for apartments etc...

Like another poster suggested on your budget and with a pet a travel trailer maybe your only option if you can find an availble spot to park it... One place you can try would be....Dakota West RV Park & General - Ross, North Dakota.

Good luck......

Old 10-29-2012, 11:28 PM

73 posts, read 86,572 times
I also forgot to mention. No matter how desperate you are. You can not survive a ND winter in a tent. Winters here can be terribly harsh. Last winter was an exception.

With the cold and the wind chill, you would risk your life. We get great amounts of snow, very low temps and factor in the wind chills( I have seen 80 below with the wind chill) We get really strong winds that drive the snow into every crack and corner. Living in a car isnt even feasible. We have already had snow in ND. This am it was 10 above with snow on the ground.

If you can not find housing I would wait until at least early May before trying a move up here. We could still get snow then, but then it is short lived and the weather is warmer.

Old 10-30-2012, 06:25 AM

54 posts, read 64,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfire428 View Post
Here very soon I might be moving to Ross, ND for a job. Im in a very bad place in my life right now, and I HAVE to move and get a job. But my situation is sensitive. I have looked for DAYS trying to find some kind of housing, either House for rent, apartments, Community housing, Lofts, 1 bedrooms, etc and I cant not find ANY.
I need to find a house/apartment/loft/etc meeting the following requirements: (Some can be negotiated)
Monthly rent at or below $750/month
First month free rent OR No requirement to pay first 2 months rent up front
IN Ross, ND OR Within a 30-35 min drive of.
ALLOWS PETS (NOT OPTIONAL)

I do not even care if this is a 1 Bedroom, 1 bath, a small loft, in an attic, in a basement, or with a roomate.
Im really not that picky, but Im at the point where im almost willing to pack my tent and go sleep in the woods, so PLEASE if anyone can help.
I just left the Ross area for Minot and I can tell you that you will not find anything but an RV spot to rent in your price range with your restrictions. MBI has housing for $ 500.00/month and up, no pets. That would be your best bet at this time. Good luck.

Old 10-30-2012, 06:38 AM

8,394 posts, read 7,474,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QualityMike View Post
I just left the Ross area for Minot and I can tell you that you will not find anything but an RV spot to rent in your price range with your restrictions. MBI has housing for $ 500.00/month and up, no pets. That would be your best bet at this time. Good luck.
MBI =Missouri Basin Industries

Ask when you get hired if there is housing from your new employer. As stated, some employers do provide housing as a perk or a nominal fee compared to the housing market here. You should definitely find that out before accepting a job, and whether you will have access to that housing on your days off also. I've even heard that some folks have to take turns sleeping in the same bed, different shifts..."Hot cot" I think it is referred too. Rough going in the oil patch sometimes...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota