Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2013, 09:21 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,211,406 times

Advertisements

I was planning on finishing some more flower, herb pots. I am so tried of nearly every weekend being rainy.
I sure hope we aren't having a repeat of a few summers ago when it rained for nearly the whole summer. I may have to don my rain gear and do it anyway.
Anyone else want to vent!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 09:48 AM

168 posts, read 335,587 times
I dont mind the rain I just wish it would dry up faster.

When I go to visit my mom I walk my her dogs outside of town so I can unleash them and the ditches will have a larger than average amount of water in them and the dogs get soaked and then get dirty from running on the dirt/gravel road. If I wanted them to get wet and swim I would take them to the lake that is 5 mintues from the house.

I also use the small range they have there and if its wet its not fun to shoot, the area you set up targets is dirt so it gets muddy.

Also it causes the grass to grow faster. I live in a apartment so it doesnt bother me but my grandfather still lives in his house so he has to cut his lawn. I just did it on Friday and he sometimes pays the neighbor kid to do it when he is around but he often goes to camps in the summer time. Hopefully it doesnt rain too much and cause the grass to grow too fast this summer.

Old 06-09-2013, 09:57 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,140,233 times
I bet the farmers are just pissed. I don't want it to rain every day, but I'd like a little more excitement in the storms. There has not been much thunder or lightening.

Old 06-09-2013, 10:44 AM

73 posts, read 175,694 times
The farmers are working like crazy to try to get their crops in. Federal Crop did extend the planting time to June 15th but this rain just does not help them. They keep getting stuck and are planting what parts of their fields they can get into. There has been some very very long nights, because you never know what you will wake up to in the mornings so if it is at all dry, they are going for it.

I am still waiting for some heat. It froze here last Tues night, everyone scrambled to put blankets on flowers and tomato plants. It froze Tues and then on Thur it did get to teh 70's for a VERY VERY short time then the wind came up and it was cold. ND has some rather odd springs, I remember my father being out in the field putting on anhyrous and waking in the morning to the tanks covered in snow drifts,in late May.

North Dakota, you have to Love it, or die trying is my motto
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota