Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 03:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,881 times

Advertisements

It sounds to me like the original poster moved to a small town thinking it would be like living in a Norman Rockwell painting. And then, reality set in. I live in a small town and see it all the time. There are all these preconceived notions. And when it doesn't turn out like the paradise they imagine. Then it's everyone else fault but his or her own.

We get LOADS of people from California here. And it's the same story. Small town, everyone nosey, hillbillies, it's not like it was back in San Fran........... And then they want to change it to be just like the place they left. Yawn! People; let's use some common sense.

When in Rome, and all that. I have found, in my travels, that the key to being accepted is to accept! Be kind, courteous, and don't ***** about every little thing. You're not going to make any friends sitting in a diner in Fessenden, and complaining to anyone who will listen that it's not like the diner you used to go to in Biloxi!

And vice versa, don't go to Biloxi and cry that they don't have the same menu as the diner in Fessenden. It's all about adjusting, making compromises, and yes, even sacrifices. I have been all over the USA, and even the world. My experiences have been almost always positive. Getting along is easy. But, you have to work at it a bit. The rest of the town, county, state, country, continent, and world shouldn't have to mold itself to your whim. But, if you are kind, they will almost always meet you halfway

Artie out!

Last edited by RTDeco; 09-07-2008 at 03:34 PM.. Reason: trange characters appeared in the finished post..

Old 09-07-2008, 04:19 PM

37 posts, read 153,322 times
so very north dakota. i can't believe you hicks are bringing people's names and athletic ability into this. these are just kids, and by the way, back in college i met several kids from fessenden, TOTAL jackasses.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:28 PM

10 posts, read 19,340 times
ok u r just STUPID and u obviously dont get what living in a small town is about. its about growing up with the same ppl all of your life and then after highschool. u go off to college and come back for hloidays and even tho u dont reall ever see eachother nemore, u never really lose that sense of family. that is what keeps u together. so unless u fit right in we will kinda regect u, but if u try eventually we will accept u, but until then quit trying to screw it. so just DEAL WITH IT. and quit ur bitchin. bitchin is like a rockingchair, it gives u something to do but u dont get any where.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:42 PM

ok just s u know ive bled green nd white for thirteen years and you dont think i gonna defend my favorite place in the world. that would be the biggest load of bull**** that ive ever heard.

Old 09-07-2008, 10:52 PM

wow, sensitive eh? i know all about small town nd, pal. i'm from columbus, OH originally but my mom is from pembina county (not saying where), i grew up in fargo, and spent months at a time up north on the farm as a kid (still enjoy going there, i will be next month actually). i know exactly how you rural types are, because most of them are my relatives! mostly nice, but nosy as hell and completely unaware of the world outside ND. also, all you care about is sports. i love ND though, just don't care for the attitude. i'd rather live in rural ND than anywhere in the southern US. actually i had a one night stand with a girl from fessenden back in college too. nice girl. kinda fat.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:09 AM

3 posts, read 6,124 times
How come everyone has to single out Fessenden, ND. I mean it's a very good place to live. Everyone just keeps putting it down. And sports is not what they all care about. You people don't even know. Your calling people form Fess nosy as hell, well ur the ones putting ur nose into our bussine about how you "THINK" Fessenden really is. When really all you know is SQUAT!! Saying u truly know us because we are rural type of people...Wow i guess that is all you have on us. Well good luck with that! And the kids that were just from Fessenden, ND must have been the only jackasses...right. I mean no one on the whole campus was mean just besides the severel Fessenden kids. You seriously must have a problem with us. What ever though. I guess that is your problem not mine.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:50 AM

9 posts, read 21,693 times
So... She's saying that "young Fessenden" is making her sound right, I don't think she gets the point of our retaliation. This is OUR town and you have no right to drag it down with you. Didn't your mother ever teach you that if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything? Apparently not, and you obviously never taught your son this idea either. I understand that this is a forum that is supposed to inform people of cities, towns, etc., but I don't think you should criticize others of terrorizing you, when you've done the exact same to them.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:05 AM

Angry You just don't get it do ya

ok why is the original poster trying t make it sound like we all hated their family nd we acted like they had the plague. This is our town and you in no way lived here long enough to really know what our town is really like. you have NO RIGHT !!!!!!!! To drag the name of our town in the mud and muck. so seroiusly just quit trying this bull****. i am so tired of it and i wont stop defending my town until you quit trying to pull us down for not being exactly what u expected. So just F**k off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-08-2008, 11:40 AM

this thread happens to be about fessenden, so there you go, and you have chosen to use it to gossip about your neighbors. of course fessenden isn't the only town full of jackasses. ever heard of fargo?

Old 09-08-2008, 12:12 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,029,808 times
Ever heard of Minneapolis, for that matter?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota