Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2013, 08:06 AM

1 posts, read 1,121 times

Advertisements

My daughter, her husband unborn child and dog are trying to relocate back to the grand forks/east grand forks area. I am having a heck of a time finding them housing.They are just starting out and cant afford the big rents...any help in this area would be great. I am going to TX in jan to move them back and need to have something lined up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2013, 01:37 PM

4,818 posts, read 10,999,965 times
I live in east grand forks mn....how much can they afford...... I can pass on some local info when I have more time. prices are a bit high....nothing like oil patch though.

Old 11-17-2013, 08:21 PM

Apartments are managed by property management firms.....of which there are several around.

For the less expensive prices.... I did see 3 2 BR/1BA apartments in a complex (older - but not run down/falling apart) in a good location very close to the 32nd Ave S Hugo's and would be a short drive to most all shopping. Your daughter assuming she has lived here before (or your son in law) probably know the area. I cannot think of the name....just north of Happy Host and right next to Red River valley gymnastics and near where Centre Court fitness used to be (it is now Northern Air Family Fun Center) as the new Choice Fitness and Wellness Center opened up by the park district last year.

Anyway....
Check this link
Elite Property Management, LLC - Properties for Lease in the Grand Forks Community and surrounding areas

The ones are on 17th St S.... I saw two 2BR/1BA 800 sq ft (1 car garage) but coin laundry....for 675.00 and one similar listed for 575 (dont know why lower than the other two for same sq footage).

That is a pretty good deal and for a 2BR is about the lowest you will come across unless you want a much more run down student run area.

Goldmark is another larger company which manages several in town (though their reputation as a company is kind of sour from all the negatives I have heard). But they own a couple newer but several older complexes as well and a wide price range.

here are their listings....
Goldmark Property Management

Oxford, IMM, IRET, Hampton are some other companies, but theirs are usually a bit newer and more expensive. But you can google them and check....

Also Craiglist can be ok....but use carefully and anything without a local ph number or address I would say is likely scam or any price that is just way lower than the rest.

Old 11-17-2013, 08:23 PM

Here is another guide....

Grand Forks Apartments for Rent | Apartments in Grand Forks, ND

This place would be about the lowest price I could think of..... One of those apartment building with one row of 1 BR/1BA on top and one row with them on the bottom. It is just one block from S Washington. I think just north of 17th Ave S.

Washington Apartments I see 1 BR for 500.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota