Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2014, 01:48 PM

1 posts, read 2,185 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give me information on the Cavalier area? I hear it's remote but is there anything to do there? How's the housing market. My husband has possible orders to the air station.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2014, 02:54 PM

4,818 posts, read 11,003,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tngirl79 View Post
Can anyone give me information on the Cavalier area? I hear it's remote but is there anything to do there? How's the housing market. My husband has possible orders to the air station.
Hi

I live and work in the Grand Forks area and been to the Cavalier several times. The area is very near Icelandic State Park which is 5 miles west of the town. From the town east to I-29 and the Red River it is very flat ag land...then just west of town you get out of the Red River valley and have some hills....icelandic SP is a very nice park and there is a dam there with a lake for boating, swimming. Not a huge huge lake, but sufficient. Cavalier is about 1 hour or so from Grand Forks, the nearest town for big time shopping.
Pembina Gorge and Frost Fire Ski area is very nearby as well west of Walhalla.

Housing there like most small towns are pretty tight with turnover not huge and new building limited. But the town does have a nice downtown square and a grocery store/hardware store and is overall a nice small town I think.

Here is one of the major local real estate firms in the area...

</title> <meta name="description" content="" /> <meta name="keywords" content="" /> </head><frameset rows="160,*" cols="*" frameborder="NO" border="0" framespacing="0"> <frame src="/common/html/frame_header.shtml" name="header" marginwidth="0" margin

Old 01-15-2014, 05:14 PM

65 posts, read 117,408 times
Cavalier is one of my favorite towns in North Dakota. Gotta love the downtown bar called "The Office". The town has a SkopKo which is like a mini Target/Walmart store. The Pembina Gorge area is one of the nicest areas to see in all of eastern North Dakota. That's not saying much but it is a neat area in the oak savannah. The Cavalier area has an anomalously high number of trees relative to surrounding areas which is also nice. Two thumbs up if you don't mind a town of a couple thousand people. Weather dorks like me and probably Dan who posted above can appreciate the "Tornadoes" high school mascot. They take great pride in the sports teams there. Their football team is usually the class of its division.

Old 01-16-2014, 12:38 PM

231 posts, read 873,113 times

Cavalier, ND - YouTube

Old 01-26-2014, 10:00 AM

13 posts, read 17,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tngirl79 View Post
You will be better off living on the PARS site. Also you could look for housing in Walhalla and Langdon. Walhalla is north and Langdon is west of the PARS site. There really is nothing to do out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota