U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2014, 11:25 PM

3 posts, read 8,579 times

Advertisements

I recently accepted a job with MBI Energy Services, working out of Ross, and was wondering what the average bi-weekly bring home income is. I'd like to hear from someone who knows the realistic amount. Also, I'd like to know if MBI is a good company to work for, and what the on-site housing conditions are like.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2014, 04:54 AM

71 posts, read 125,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen0811 View Post
I recently accepted a job with MBI Energy Services, working out of Ross, and was wondering what the average bi-weekly bring home income is. I'd like to hear from someone who knows the realistic amount. Also, I'd like to know if MBI is a good company to work for, and what the on-site housing conditions are like.
Always compare gross pay to gross pay. Everyone's take home pay will be different. You will be working 60-80 hours per week. Housing varies, apartments, mancamp, etc. What housing did they offer you?

Old 04-16-2014, 09:26 AM

2 posts, read 5,892 times
Default Husband hired @ MBI Ross, any and all info welcome

Hello, very glad to find this forum. I wish I'd found it sooner. My husband will be leaving in two weeks from North Carolina for Ross, ND. I can't go with and don't know when I'll see him again.
He will either be in a man camp or skid shack (I think). I welcome and all information from anyone willing to share. Thanks much.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:52 AM

2 posts, read 5,892 times
Default Anyone working in Ross?

Would like to hear from anyone working in Ross. NC moving to a four plex housing. Thanks.

Old 04-17-2014, 06:50 PM

65 posts, read 95,194 times
I cannot speak for housing but there is not much else in that town. The place was approaching ghost town status before the oil boom. The old school house with collapsed roof with cupola intact gives the place a post-apocalyptic look. Stanley is a town just a short hop east of there which has more amenities. Minot is about an hour east of there and is the commercial hub of north central North Dakota.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:37 PM

thanks for reply. looks like on site not sure if camp or skid shack will depend on whats available upon arrival? any helpful info would be much appreciated.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:53 PM

i start with mbi may 5th coming from Jacksonville fl. will be hauling water out ross nd. looking for info also? have a little but not much my phone #904-726-7553 call if you like? leaving Tuesday the 29th....kenny

Old 08-11-2015, 08:20 AM

2 posts, read 1,909 times
MBI Energy Services
I have worked for MBI in Ross for many years the work in ND has slowed down and work is coming to a halt, most out of state folks are heading back home or looking for work elsewhere the company has been shutting down many divisions of there work and trying to consolidate everything they have there selling large amounts of there trucks the sand division is gone, water trucks are not moving very often, the drivers show up for work and are sent back home, it would be hard to raise a family and have two places to keep up like that. I haul oil and they are changing our pay to piece work its sad to have everything you work for taken from you. The drivers are taking the hit know one else is taking the pay cut, but they terminated most of the Office help that don't drive. Were told they will be shutting down most of there out of state offices. There has been so many people that bought new homes and cars plus moved there families here from afar, I would sum it up as I'm glad to be working and I hope I can hang in there but piece work only pays when there is work, lets hope we don't have to work for wages that are close to working for free. I hope this helps folks that are looking to move here there is work here its just not stable right now.
RC

Old 09-07-2015, 03:46 PM

17 posts, read 15,389 times
MBI must have made a bad decision financially in the last year, because they went from being the big fish in trucking services around here, to a badly maimed cougar licking their wounds. They had three towns they hubbed out of, now they relocated everyone to Ross. Ross was all too happy to accommodate, even if that meant for the short term.

MBI cut their housing ties all over the Bakken, they have drivers who are lucky to work twice a week, and they can't leave off that.

Coincidentally, Basin has taken off in the face of all this, they have practically taken over all of the work MBI had in Lignite, and look to be getting even stronger in the area.

Old 05-31-2017, 06:44 PM

1 posts, read 684 times
Can anyone tell if MBI Energy is a good company to work for? Is the water trucks busy or is it slow in Watford? Any and all imformation would be greatful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota