Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2014, 08:51 PM

979 posts, read 3,668,428 times

Advertisements

Just curious about anyone's thoughts on Bravo network working on a potential reality show based on the Oil Boom in Minot? In my own opinion, I guess I was a little confused by this. There are no rigs drilling in Ward county. There are very few oil service companies based in Minot. There are not that many people living in Minot that are employed in the oil industry (according to ND Job service). Because it is a reality show, will it be scripted and made up? I hope they can find some interesting oil filed stories in Minot. Did Bravo do their homework?

Bravo Confirms Reality Show Comes to Minot - KUMV.COM - Williston, ND - News, Weather, Sports

Link below is from Job Service ND. In the drop down on this link, select the county.
Ward has 2000 people working in the mining extraction, and oil extraction
Stark has 4400 and Williams 13,000. Just curious how Bravo came up with Minot as an oil boom town?
Will be interesting what kind of oil boom stories they come up with.
https://www.ndworkforceintelligence.....asp?docid=350

Last edited by Roloff1976; 04-28-2014 at 09:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2014, 10:20 PM

746 posts, read 1,728,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloff1976 View Post
Just curious about anyone's thoughts on Bravo network working on a potential reality show based on the Oil Boom in Minot? In my own opinion, I guess I was a little confused by this. There are no rigs drilling in Ward county. There are very few oil service companies based in Minot. There are not that many people living in Minot that are employed in the oil industry (according to ND Job service). Because it is a reality show, will it be scripted and made up? I hope they can find some interesting oil filed stories in Minot. Did Bravo do their homework?

Bravo Confirms Reality Show Comes to Minot - KUMV.COM - Williston, ND - News, Weather, Sports

Link below is from Job Service ND. In the drop down on this link, select the county.
Ward has 2000 people working in the mining extraction, and oil extraction
Stark has 4400 and Williams 13,000. Just curious how Bravo came up with Minot as an oil boom town?
Will be interesting what kind of oil boom stories they come up with.
https://www.ndworkforceintelligence.....asp?docid=350
I'm sure Bravo looked at Minot as a place that reasonably can house their production crews and has more flights. Williston is more a mess logistically but agree it would be more interesting.

Also, think Bravo may be looking for people that own land and are gaining from royalties. Their may be more people in that category in Minot than Williston (a lot of Minoters are originally from Mountrail, Burke, Divide, and Williams Counties). People are fascinated with new wealth, and Minot has its share of newly minted millionaires. What are they doing with the new found wealth?

Old 04-29-2014, 08:02 AM

979 posts, read 3,668,428 times
Yes, it's possible. But they did say the premise would be the people moving to Minot in hopes of making it big. Not sure how many people are moving to Minot to make big bucks? You don't hear very many stories, if any at all, about people flocking to Minot to get in on the oil boom. Most of the people flocking in for 6 digit incomes are going to the towns further west where the majority of jobs are at. But, maybe they will focus on families who moved to Minot, and then their spouses have to travel another 100 miles to work? But it will be interesting none the less. I guess we have seen the reality shows come and go with interest in other towns in western North Dakota about the boom. So far, some have filmed, but none were ever aired. Boomtown (filmed in Parshall) made it, but was a limited run on a channel that only those with the premium cable line up could watch. Boom Town Girls almost made it to the OWN network, but the family backed out (according to the Facebook page) because OWN had too much control of how the family would be depicted and even wanted any profits from any family member that would benefit financially from the show. One of the girls who was a welder said if the show took off and she were to represent some welding supplier or any commercials relating to the industry, OWN had control of what she would get and what they would get from the potential commercial or endorsement. But I guess we will see what happens.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:27 PM

836 posts, read 1,661,436 times
They may call it that and film in the whole state.

I hope to see more personal stories of the hard-working folks up there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota