Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 06:32 PM

8 posts, read 15,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qazulight View Post
I don't understand the intricacies of health care, I do know there are jobs n Fargo at Sanford, which is supposed to be a very fine organization. I also have seen openings at the VA.

Fargo is a decent town, big enough to have things happening, small enough to be friendly. If things don't work out in Minot, consider Fargo.

Cheers
Qazulight
I've actually heard great things about Fargo, once I get settled and figure out where everything is I may just move there. Thanks for the suggestion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 10:45 AM

174 posts, read 378,765 times
You will need a car if you are going to be living outside of the downtown area. ND towns are just not set up for walking given the weather. MSU (BSN) and WSC (LPN) are both great nursing programs although MSU can be difficult to get into.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naelbis View Post
You will need a car if you are going to be living outside of the downtown area. ND towns are just not set up for walking given the weather. MSU (BSN) and WSC (LPN) are both great nursing programs although MSU can be difficult to get into.

After doing a little more research I figured that out pretty quickly...lol I've decided to rent or lease a car. Not sure why I didn't think of that in the first place. I'm 23 so I'm sure I'll have to pay extra fees because I'm under 25. I'll probably just lease or rent a car until I save up enough to get my own, it shouldn't take too long to save up enough. And that's good to know, I really have my heart set on WSC, I guess I'll have to make sure to keep a competitive edge whenever I apply to MSU.

Old 07-17-2014, 06:19 PM

Well I'm here at the Big Dipper Housing and all I've heard were horror stories like keep track of your hours because somehow people end up with less hours on the actual paycheck, the facility staff are not the nicest, you get charged a little more for housing than the actual quoted rate, etc. I would definitely recommend NOT coming without at the very least $1000 just in case you need to rent a car it should hold you over until you see your first check. I'm a fitness enthusiast so I decided to commute by bike. (I know, I know Minot isn't the best place for that or so I've been told) I met up with a few unexpected expenses and I won't see my first check until friday after next which I hear that you really won't see that much money unless you pull two or three extra days. Most people here have gotten second jobs or just left altogether. I'm gonna stick it out because i want to do the nursing program, I just won't be sticking it out at the Big Dipper, I signed the 3 month lease and afterwards I'm outta here! As a previous poster mentioned Total Workforce & Big Dipper do seem to be in together. I was told by several girls that TWF & BD will kinda stiff you if you don't pay attention to your hours worked. I haven't started work yet, I don't start until next week. So if anyone else is accepting the relocation package just have your ducks in order before you get here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota