Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2008, 11:34 AM

38 posts, read 199,366 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I collect postage stamps. (Believe it or not). Anybody else out there around Dickinson that collects Stamps? I'm hoping to go to some estate sales and auctions this summer and rescue some old long forgotten stamp collections from a dumpster death!

Kind Regards,

Dave N.
Currently in Mississippi, for just a little longer
<><
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2008, 05:25 PM

2 posts, read 10,038 times
Default Stamp Collection

I Also Collect Stamps. I Have Some That Are In The National Postage Museum. Nd I Find Does Not Have Much For The Stamp Collector

Old 02-19-2008, 04:25 PM

Hi MJMAKI,

Let's here about what you collect!

Well, I was starting to think I was the only one that collects stamps anymore.
When you said you have some that are in the National Postage Museum, did you mean that you provided one of your stamps to them and it is now living in the Nat Postal Museum?

What part od ND are you in? I'll be moving to Dickinson area in several months and when we get settled, I'll be looking for other stamp collectors to share the hobby with. Maybe do some trading, sharing catlogs, etc... I don't have time to start/run a club myself, but wouldn't mind going to some club meetings. There are some coin clubs around and many times people collect both coins and stamps. So I may have to get crafty and sneak into a coin club event/meeting with some alterior motives.

Kind Regards,

Dave N.
<><

Old 03-04-2008, 04:22 AM

2 posts, read 10,038 times
I HAVE SOME OF THE STAMPS IN MY COLLECTION THAT ARE THE SAME ONES AS IN THE MUSEUM.

AN ELDERLY MAN THAT CAME ACROSS THE OCEAN WITH HIS PARENTS IN THE 1800'S HAD A STAMP COLLECTION THAT HE HAD GIVEN TO ME WELL OVER 20 YEARS AGO. I ALSO HAVE COMPLETE SETS FROM HIM.

WE LIVE IN EDGELEY WHICH IS 42 MILES NORTH OF JAMESTOWN ON 281. I HAVE TRIED SOME TIME BACK TO TAKE MY STAMP COLLECTION INTO A DEALER AND ALL HE WANTED ME TO DO IS LEAVE THEM THERE AND HE WOULD LOOK AT THEM AND LET ME KNOW WHAT HE WOULD GIVE FOR THEM.

I DON'T THINK SO! SO HERE IS STILL SIT WITH THEM AND HAVING NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE WORTH OR AM I JUST WASTING MY TIME ON THIS HOBBY.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:48 AM

Hi MJMAKI,

Here's a website at the Virtual Stamp Club about inheriting a stamp collection. It may be helpfull.
Inheriting a Stamp Collection

Do you have a library that has the Scott Catalogs of stamps. There are like 6 different volumes that cover all the different countries of the world. They list the stamps and give some values. Some of the values are misleading though for instance common stamps are all valued at 20c each but in real life you may be able to get them for a penny apiece from e-Bay etc. The problem is that would take a long long long time to seach the catalogs for every stamp in a collection to find the values.

Regards,

Dave N.
<><

Old 06-08-2008, 11:14 AM

1 posts, read 4,950 times
Default Stamps

Hello!
I enjoy collecting stamps. I enjoy looking at them, seeing all the colors, their history and organizing them to browse them easier. I inherited stamps, and I continue to add to my collection when I have a little spending money in my pocket. I'd enjoy seeing and talking to other stamp collectors and knowing what they do with thier stamps, and thier long term goals, and storage hints.
If anyone in Dickinson (or surrounding area) has a stamp collector club, please post it. Thank you.

Old 06-18-2008, 11:55 AM

Hi Legendbird,

Well, we recently arrived in ND from Mississippi. We plan to live in Dickinson, but are temporarily staying in Killdeer while we house hunt. All my stamp stuff is still in boxes in storage, except for a few things I've received since we moved here. I mainly collect USA stamps (mint and used) to fill some USA stamp albums. I also like to collect early (pre 1950 or so) World Wide Air Mail stamps. I like to trade stamps. I've traded world wide (not air mail stamps) for world wide air mail stamps with several collectors from around the world. It is vcery interesting to interact/tyrade with people from other countries.

I'd be interested in talking to you about your collection. (and others in the Dickinson area) . I'd like to hear about your collection and what you like to collect. Why don't you send me an e-mail?
davednorris at sign yahoo dot com

Kind Regards,

Dave Norris
<><

Old 01-30-2009, 01:20 AM

4 posts, read 18,873 times
I do collect stamps but i am from Walnut, CA.
<a href="http://marketmailing.com">direct mail mailers</a>

Old 08-01-2021, 02:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,373 times
I have stamps for sale
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota