Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2016, 03:17 PM

576 posts, read 830,321 times

Advertisements

Recently vacationed in Bismarck and I was shocked at the high percentage of bad drivers and also rude drivers. Has anyone else experienced this?

I grew up there, and maybe I was just used to it, but I do not remember this being such an issue 20 years ago. I guess part of the problem is Bismarck has grown ALOT in 20 years and the city has done nothing to improve traffic flow, so maybe it is just the drivers expressing their frustrations. Still not very safe though the way they drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2017, 11:56 PM

1 posts, read 1,459 times
Have you driven on the West Coast or, New York Metropolitan Area, lately?

Old 01-08-2017, 09:15 AM

10,350 posts, read 13,925,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey59 View Post
Recently vacationed in Bismarck and I was shocked at the high percentage of bad drivers and also rude drivers. Has anyone else experienced this?

I grew up there, and maybe I was just used to it, but I do not remember this being such an issue 20 years ago. I guess part of the problem is Bismarck has grown ALOT in 20 years and the city has done nothing to improve traffic flow, so maybe it is just the drivers expressing their frustrations. Still not very safe though the way they drive.
I have noticed since moving here that unless there is a yield sign North Dakotans will not yield under any circumstances. And that includes in icy weather.

Old 01-22-2017, 12:04 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,136,274 times
I now live in Bismarck and I can agree that traffic is rubbish.

The traffic lights are timed/synced poorly. I've been at large intersections where a left green arrow is maybe at best 2-5 seconds at best before reverting to a flashing yellow which is damn near useless given the heavy traffic.

We have to keep in mind that Bismarck draws people in from a huge area for shopping, medical etc.

Old 01-27-2017, 08:54 AM

122 posts, read 152,490 times
On a semi-related note... North Dakota bill would legally protect careless drivers if they hit protesters - Business Insider

Old 01-27-2017, 07:56 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,136,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crownheightsnative View Post
Your headline is a bit loaded.

If one wants to play protester and jump out in front of moving cars they need to realize they might get killed. This is a common sense law that protects drivers from sue happy unemployed protesters that love to play stupid games for the chance at winning stupid prizes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota