U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2017, 09:59 AM

132 posts, read 705,377 times

Advertisements

Hi. My daughter has a serious issue with gastroperesis and is moving to Jamestown.
She'll need a top notch GI doctor within driving distance.
Any suggestions? Thanks very much, God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2017, 08:59 PM

511 posts, read 767,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
Hi. My daughter has a serious issue with gastroperesis and is moving to Jamestown.
She'll need a top notch GI doctor within driving distance.
Any suggestions? Thanks very much, God bless.
I'm going to answer just to let you know we are listening. Sanford Medical in Fargo is good, if expensive. Other than that I have no advice. Sorry. But I wanted to let you know we are listening.

Cheers
Qazulight (Folks say I should see a gastro something or another every time I eat cabbage and drink German beer)

Old 04-12-2017, 10:16 PM

529 posts, read 389,024 times
While I do not have any personal experience with him, Dr. Douglas Renton in Bismarck is rated highly on both the HealthGrades and Vitals websites. He is affiliated with Sanford Hospital in Bismarck which is good - she would not want to be going to St. Alexius Hospital in Bismarck right now. They are in the middle of some serious financial problems and are laying off staff left and right. I will also check with my Sister in Law who is a CNA at Sanford in Bismarck to see who she recommends. If I get a response, I will post here.

I wish her all the best. I know what it is like to have gastro issues.... I have both Celiac Disease and occasional bouts with collagenous colitis. An excellent gastroenterologist is crucial.

This forum is not very active, so you may not get a lot of responses. You may want to do some intense web searching and reading reviews to find the best fit for her. You are a good dad to be concerned enough for her to be checking into this!

Old 04-13-2017, 09:00 AM

529 posts, read 389,024 times
My sister in law also recommends Dr. Renton in Bismarck. Good luck!

Old 04-14-2017, 07:48 AM

132 posts, read 705,377 times
Thanks for the tips, folks. Much appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or