U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 02:14 PM

792 posts, read 270,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
Every now and then I'll listen to NPR, and they are much more liberal than they are conservative and I don't for 1 minute believe they are as fair and balanced as Fox News is. Any thinking person would expect NPR to be liberal. They are funded by the feds. Actually I find NPR to be more ultra liberal than FoxNews is ultra conservative.

NPR is as liberal as One America News is conservative. OAN is much more unappologeticly conservative than Fox News ever was. In fact OAN and NPR are about as direct opposites on the American political spectrum as 2 news organizations can possibly be. OAN is in the bag for Trump. OAN always shows Trump in a positive light no matter how bad the news is. When was the last time NPR ran a positive story about Trump? NPR is constant criticism of Donald Trump, no matter what the story.
very well stated..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2018, 03:36 PM

354 posts, read 160,977 times
I used to listen to Jackie Leyden on the NPR station in Chicago. She dated a fellow I worked with. He was a neocon and she a blazing left winger. What she stated on NPR reflected her personal views. After a few years, I got bored and started listening to the Grand Ole Opry (AM650).

Old 11-06-2018, 04:43 PM

3,886 posts, read 7,446,396 times
The only good people to come out of North Dakota are Bob Backlund and Carson Wentz.

Old 11-12-2018, 10:14 AM

2,615 posts, read 1,772,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
The only good people to come out of North Dakota are Bob Backlund and Carson Wentz.
Not really. Off the top of my head, there's Angie Dickinson, Peggy Lee, Lawrence Welk, Bobby Vee, Lynn Andersen, Louis L'amour, Roger Maris, Ann Sothern, Phil Jackson, to name a few. Those folks are known all over the country.

Old Today, 07:04 PM

2,608 posts, read 3,721,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
Every now and then I'll listen to NPR, and they are much more liberal than they are conservative and I don't for 1 minute believe they are as fair and balanced as Fox News is. Any thinking person would expect NPR to be liberal. They are funded by the feds. Actually I find NPR to be more ultra liberal than FoxNews is ultra conservative.

NPR is as liberal as One America News is conservative. OAN is much more unappologeticly conservative than Fox News ever was. In fact OAN and NPR are about as direct opposites on the American political spectrum as 2 news organizations can possibly be. OAN is in the bag for Trump. OAN always shows Trump in a positive light no matter how bad the news is. When was the last time NPR ran a positive story about Trump? NPR is constant criticism of Donald Trump, no matter what the story.
And this is one of the reasons why my husband and I are saving and looking to leave this state. Once upon a time, differing viewpoints weren't a big deal here and I didn't have to worry about expressing my opinion.

This is no longer the case. NPR is not liberal. NPR is not more liberal than Fox News is conservative. There are completely unbiased sources that cover just how liberal/conservative news sources are and NPR consistently ranks as one of the most centrist news sources in the nation.

Liberals aren't your enemies, we are your neighbors - even in the western part of the state.

But the pure hate and nastiness I have seen displayed in the last 2-3 years from people who used to see the value in people who weren't like them is sad. Even my child, in school, has dealt with teachers and students being downright harassing and aggressive if anyone dares to disagree with them (she is older).

Kevin Cramer told a local news source that if alcohol was involved and a man didn't "finish", then sexual assault wasn't a crime. When the reporter tried to get him to clarify, he doubled down on this statement. And yet - the people here don't care. All that matters is that big fat R next to his name.

I'm done with this. And the cold. I'm also done with the cold.

To be clear - my husband is conservative, I'm more liberal (in liberal areas I'd likely be considered independent, but here I'm liberal). But he even had a coworker get aggressive with him when he said he didn't care about Hillary Clinton. That's all he said - he didn't care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or