U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2019, 10:14 PM

1 posts, read 112 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! To give some background, I am an Asian female fresh Graduate from Texas. I received a job offer for an oil-related Job in Dickinson. Honestly, I was a little apprehensive when I first saw the location given how far away I will be from home. That being said, it is a decent paying job for a fresh graduate with rather good job prospects. Will anyone be able to share some insights as to how it will be living in Dickinson? (Apart from the freezing weather, that I definitely know!)

I am excited for the next stage of my life but I am also worried about how I will “fit in” as a minoity. From what I have read on the forum, it seems that ND is quite welcoming so I do hope that is the case! If anyone is from the area, I would love to befriend you 🙂 Please let me know if there’s anything I can do to better prepare my self should I decide to make the move, thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 04:54 PM

7,299 posts, read 8,469,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeseballie View Post
Hi everyone! To give some background, I am an Asian female fresh Graduate from Texas. I received a job offer for an oil-related Job in Dickinson. Honestly, I was a little apprehensive when I first saw the location given how far away I will be from home. That being said, it is a decent paying job for a fresh graduate with rather good job prospects. Will anyone be able to share some insights as to how it will be living in Dickinson? (Apart from the freezing weather, that I definitely know!)

I am excited for the next stage of my life but I am also worried about how I will “fit in” as a minoity. From what I have read on the forum, it seems that ND is quite welcoming so I do hope that is the case! If anyone is from the area, I would love to befriend you 🙂 Please let me know if there’s anything I can do to better prepare my self should I decide to make the move, thank you in advance!
I can't speak for Dickinson specifically but there isn't too much preparation you need to make. As long as you're not a jerk you'll fit in just fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota