Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 01:43 PM

3 posts, read 54,933 times

Advertisements

Anyone hear of jobs opening up in Minot, ND? I heard there were going to be some great jobs if you'd move there for the oil wells. If so, know where to apply? Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 07:05 PM

103 posts, read 705,024 times
I wouldn't say the jobs in Minot are any different than any job you would find in any oil field related jobs around the US. Minot is in the process of trying to attract some oil service companies to their town. So far, a couple out of state oil service companies are planning new facilities there. Pure Energy is one, and Pumpco. HESS is also remodeling a building there to move their accounting and engineers there, but their presence will not be as big as some thought. Tioga is where HESS is investing heavily. The jobs coming to Minot are service related for the most part. Basically the same type of jobs that Williston, Dickinson, Sidney, MT and Gillette, Wy, are promoting. So if you like working outdoors, getting down and dirty, you might find a job in Minot.

Check out the state of nd site for job service north dakota Job Service North Dakota
However, I think you are going to find most of the oil jobs are based out of Dickinson, Sidney and Williston and some in Minot. But most of the work is actually in the Killdeer, Tioga, New Town and Stanley areas....not necessarily in the city of Minot.

Last edited by chester; 06-17-2008 at 07:09 PM.. Reason: where to apply

Old 06-20-2008, 07:22 PM

979 posts, read 3,659,918 times
Yes, I too would suggest checking out jobservice nd. When they say there are good jobs in Minot, (as well as Williston, Stanely, etc...) they are talking about service type jobs. High wages, but lots of hours, and lots of hard work.

Old 07-15-2008, 11:51 PM

1 posts, read 48,245 times
I heard that jobs are abundant in ND, I'm an engineer in the Philippines and presently working in a power energy company as a project coordinator and have more than 10 years experience in Fuel oil Delivery to the power plant. I would like to move to ND for any job opportunity that would fit my qualification. Is there any company in ND that are willing to sponsor a foreign worker? I have a B1/B2 US Visa which will expire on 2017.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:24 PM

3 posts, read 58,513 times
Is there any rig welders in north dekota

Old 01-05-2009, 01:30 AM

979 posts, read 3,659,918 times
some of the rig companies in the Williston area are Nabors, Pioneer, Key, Sun, Ensignm to name a few...the link below might give you some name, addresses, and numbers. good luck.

Williston North Dakota Drilling in Williston ND Drilling Yellow Pages Directory

Old 01-05-2009, 11:55 AM

431 posts, read 1,600,573 times
Good Morning,
Recently, with the oil price dropping down, a lot of oil companies have left or are cutting back. Definitely check out the Job Services website and make some phone calls prior to coming. There are still some jobs left, depending on your skills. I know that CDL drivers are still in demand. Good Luck.

Old 12-12-2009, 01:55 PM

2 posts, read 51,287 times
what are the wages running for cdl drivers servicing the oil wells and drilling rigs and are they paying what the truck bills are strictly for hours worked by the driver. i have been in this buisiness a long time and prefer to get payed for the hours the truck bills because of truck minimums and billing over laps on the trucks

Old 12-16-2009, 08:45 PM

581 posts, read 2,211,515 times
Truck drivers wages range from $17 per hour up to $30 per hour generally. Depending on the work...if you are moving rigs more than likely $25-$30+. Hauling pipe, water, etc should be around $20 - 25 per hour. Most companies pay by the hour, not the ton or mile unless you are hauling crude oil. Lots of companies hiring...check out jobsnd.com

Old 12-21-2009, 09:22 AM

431 posts, read 1,600,573 times
Good Morning,
With the light winter we are having, the oil workers are still going at it. One company plans to put in 2 wells a month for the next year. Keep looking at Job Service North Dakota for openings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota