Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2008, 12:29 PM

1 posts, read 4,765 times

Advertisements

My family and I are moving to Bismarck at the end of next month.

My wife is interested in finding a church or other organization that has a "mom's day out" preschool Suggestions? Are there other mom's group's?

We are coming from Indiana, so we have some exposure to winter, but not nearly as severe as North Dakota winters. Suggestions for items to go in a winter survival kit for our vehicles?

Any recommendations for a shop in Bismarck to install remote starters on our vehicles? Any idea on cost?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2008, 06:41 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,153,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indiana to bismarck View Post
We are coming from Indiana, so we have some exposure to winter, but not nearly as severe as North Dakota winters. Suggestions for items to go in a winter survival kit for our vehicles?

Any recommendations for a shop in Bismarck to install remote starters on our vehicles? Any idea on cost?

Thanks in advance.
I lived in Bismarck as a little kid. Loved it.

Dunno about remote starters, but do get an engine block heater (the "hottest" one you can find) -- makes all the difference in the world.

Old 12-11-2008, 07:57 PM

394 posts, read 1,169,088 times
For a remote starter call Lyle at Premier Audio 1-701-223-2067. Lyle worked for me years ago when I sold remote starters. They run a good operation. In fact I just drove 100 miles to have them install my last one.

Decent units start at about $275-$350 installed. The more money you spend the longer range the remote has.

And as far as winter goes, hold on to your hats. NOTHING like Indiana. But you will survive. It is a dry cold

Old 12-14-2008, 11:26 AM

158 posts, read 1,084,363 times
Can't help you with the church thing. You can buy the survival kits. In fact I'm sure you could google to find a list. I believe there was a thread on this site that covered alot the items you need. As far as starters, ton of places to choose from, all fairly close in price range. Almost all car dealers have them, all the stereo shops in town carry them. I like to have one that replies back to let you know your car did start. Look out for the wind. Winter is dangerous in ND, half inch of snow and 30 mph winds cause white out conditions.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:26 PM

405 posts, read 1,334,897 times
New Song Community Church and Evangel Temple Church are both great churches in Bismarck. NSCC being the smaller of the two...and very personal.
As someone stated above, get a block heater in your car. This allows you to actually plug your car into an outlet, which should be done anytime the temps hit 0 or lower..OR if you have an older, hard to start car. All new cars sold in ND are required to have them.
As far as auto starts... because demand here is higher, I might also assume cost would be higher. Check around your town before you move here and compare!

Old 01-05-2009, 12:34 AM

979 posts, read 3,668,428 times
Be prepared for a lot of snow and really cold temps. We are having one of our off seasons...lol...normally, we do not get this much snow (we just broke a record)... for the past 20 years, snow drifts and piles were far and between from year to year...and the cold temps we are getting are also below normal for this time of year. But...we do have wonderful springs, summers and falls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota