U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-13-2009, 07:28 AM

3,632 posts, read 5,100,736 times
Default Huge amounts of snow in Minot !

How are the folks who live in and around Minot handling the snow this winter? I have in-laws and friends in Minot and boy unbelievable amounts. The official snow depth is being carried at around 40 inches....and I know the Walmart and Kmart and other stores are shut down until they get examine the structural integrity of the roofs there with all that snow. Fortunately it is not a wet heavy snow...but still that much snow regardless of water content is heavy. My wife's parents live in rural south central Ward county and they have been snow bound several days this winter which is unusual for them...10-15 foot drifts on their road to the house.

Good news is that after this latest clipper snow today (Tue) it will get milder and hopefully a dry stretch coming up....

Most of North Dakota set record snowfall for December 08...and the central part of the state is on record pace again. Just plain cold over here in the Red River Valley....-37 this Tuesday morning at the Grand Forks airport...-30 in town....and a co-worker who lives outside of Mayville along the Goose River has -42F.

Dan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 08:10 AM

1,923 posts, read 3,101,176 times
I've been watching the temperature this morning of the Red River Valley in North Dakota - wow! Chicago's predicted cold for this week is tame by comparison.

Old 01-13-2009, 03:25 PM

409 posts, read 830,811 times
This morning when I went to work at 530 am in Fargo it was -36 without the windchill. Its rediculous. This has been a winter for us to remember here in ND. Not sure of the temp at the moment..but the wind has really picked up and the visability is way down.

Old 01-13-2009, 04:16 PM

325 posts, read 1,042,847 times
You lucky people. Here I'm stranded in California with 80 degree temps. waiting for my house to sell and hear all those great reports of all that snow in NoDak....

I'm Jealous!!

Old 01-14-2009, 12:07 AM

2 posts, read 5,153 times
IT Was about 92 Degrees right south of los angeles today actually. Crazy hot temps in california lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota