U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-05-2008, 10:04 AM

18,269 posts, read 2,582,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama68 View Post
hello,

my husband received a job offer in a small town in north dakota and we are thinking about relocating with our three children. we are muslim, and i have been looking for resources about muslim communities in the state but have not found many.

i would love to know if anyone can provide some information or some background, or if there are any muslim families living in small towns with small muslim communities, thatd be great!

thanks!
i would suggest check out the thread WHY MOVE TO NORTH DAKOTA
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 09:37 AM

246 posts, read 662,656 times
Maybe the issue MSUgrad has is based on the timeframe when she grew up. Things are pretty different now then say even 15 years ago.

My children are a mix of latin, jamaican, and german decent , and I think I have had more comments on how pretty they are in North Dakota than anywhere else.

I mean, i have had complete strangers come up to our family, old norweigan or german ladies literally stop in there tracks and comment. And they have been pleasant to converse with as well.

Are there people out there who probably hate us, sure. But, coming from the south, definitely better here.

As for muslim community in Harvey, I would say you may be hard pressed to find one. But, as with all faiths, your faith isn't really dependent on the fact that other people believe as you do. Sure it is nice to meet up with people with similar beliefs, but, there is more to a man than just his faith.

Old 05-11-2008, 11:06 AM

1 posts, read 1,582 times
Did you ever move to Fargo?

Old 10-06-2008, 06:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,447 times
Default Finding Muslim Community in Grand Forks

[FONT=Verdana]I appreciate if someone can provide me with any information regarding Muslim community, mosques in [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Grand Forks[/FONT][FONT=Verdana] [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]ND[/FONT][FONT=Verdana].[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaninEGF View Post
I found this web site of the Islamic Society of Fargo-Moorhead....

Islamic Society of Fargo-Moorhead (http://www.islamnd.org/main.php - broken link)

There is a muslim students assoc at the Univ of North Dakota at Grand Forks

http://www.und.edu/org/undmsa/ (broken link)

I did not find any web references for Bismarck and am less familiar about that city....but it is growing as as prev post said sure it has some group.

As for Minot....there is Minot State University so you might have a small organization there too but unsure.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:22 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,951,182 times
[SIZE=4]Ramadan cultural event sponsored by Muslim Student Association[/SIZE]The Muslim Student Association will host a cultural event on the month of Ramadan and show a documentary that explores the cultural values, religious practices and socio-cultural significance of this holy month. This event is scheduled Tuesday, Oct 17, at the International Centre, 2908 University Ave., and will be free for all. Iftar (fasting meals) and Ramadan dishes will be served. For more information please contact me at ammar.naji@und.edu.
-- Ammar Naji, Graduate Student, Muslim Student Organization, ammar.naji@und.edu, 701-777-2789

Memorial Union | The University of North Dakota

Hope this helps you out. I bet if you either email or call Ammar he can help you out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota