Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 03:27 AM

97 posts, read 353,108 times

Advertisements

To anyone looking through my post history, you will see that I have thought about moving to San Diego, Phoenix, and then Minneapolis. All of these places would have been nice, but unfortunately, my academic record wasn't good enough to get into the business schools at these colleges. So, I am going to NDSU. I am originally from Grand Forks. Besides college, I am self-employed and do quite well for myself. I am 23 years old.

Basically, here is what I am looking for in a Fargo apartment. These are absolute necessities:

- Newer construction (built within the past few years)
- Heated parking (underground, most likely)
- Not managed by Goldmark
- $700-1300/month

These aren't necessary, but they would be VERY NICE:

- Modern design
- Hardware floors or concrete
- "Loft" look
- Stainless steel appliances
- Nicer than average bathtubs (with jets?!)

I know that is a lot to expect in an apartment, but I am basically trying to decide between renting or just buying a house and upgrading all of these things.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I have already looked on sites like apartments.com, apartmenthq.com, rentals.com... they only have listings for the typical $600/month Goldmark apartments. Not for me.

I have also looked at "Stop-N-Go Apartments" and they seem to be the closest thing to what I am looking for so far, but I'm unsure about heated parking.

THANK YOU so much, in advance. If all else fails, I'll probably just go and drive around and get more familiar with Fargo.

On another note... my ideal place of residence is living in a converted warehouse/downtown loft. If anyone knows of anything like this in Fargo I would be interested. (Rent or purchase)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 09:46 PM

405 posts, read 1,334,986 times
I had some ideas..but the "not managed by GoldMark" kinda killed it. Lol... other than all the other things I've heard..why not Goldmark?
I just moved out of one..and got 100% my deposit back.

Old 03-09-2009, 03:51 AM

Well, every Goldmark property I have ever lived in used very cheap building supplies. I know that apartments try to be cost-effective and not buy premium flooring or paint, for example, but Goldmark is terrrrrrrible. Maybe they manage properties that are not what I am thinking of. What are your suggestions? Haha. I can at least take a look and see if it's what I am thinking about. Thank you!

Old 03-09-2009, 07:27 AM

43 posts, read 197,574 times
I appreciate what you're going through.

The best method is going to be walking the city and finding spaces where you think there could be a good apartment. No one on this forum will have any experience with the type of place you're looking for (I found that out on my own, unfortunately). I found several places in my city within a few weeks by simply walking the town.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:55 AM

1,016 posts, read 3,035,447 times
You could check on the apartments on the Moorhead side of the Main Ave. bridge. Those are managed by Coldwell Banker, have a parking garage, and the units on the top floor have some of the amenities you described (or did the last time I saw one).

Old 03-09-2009, 01:04 PM

419 posts, read 1,396,336 times
Another possibility might be the Lofts on Roberts; the Silver Moon Supper club is on the street level and there are apartments above. I thought that there was underground parking as well. The Kilbourne Group is the developer. So far, Doug Burgum has the reputation of _not_ doing things on the cheap.

Old 03-09-2009, 04:46 PM

Alrighty, cool. Thanks for the tips guys

Old 03-09-2009, 09:18 PM

405 posts, read 1,334,986 times
Contact the Flagstone office at 364-9333. I lived in the brownstone buildings but those wounldnt be what you are looking for as far as the heated/underground parking but they do have buildings across the street from their office to the south (not sure the building name) but those buildings have underground parking. Ask to speak with Curt..hes a really good guy and very understanding.

Old 10-09-2009, 02:56 PM

1 posts, read 6,101 times
i have looked all over for info on the stop-n-go apartments, does anyone have any info on them like a website or phone number?

Old 10-10-2009, 02:19 AM

231 posts, read 736,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerplunk View Post
Well, every Goldmark property I have ever lived in used very cheap building supplies.
goldmark didn't build all, or even most, of their properties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota